diy solar

diy solar

LV2424 Utility Input and Charging

heirloom hamlet

life my way
Hi all. Long time MPP LV2424 user here. I'm looking for some ideas to help me with an issue I am having with charging via utility.

For several years, I've been solar only. Recently, I've wanted to connect the utility to help me get over a daily charge/usage hump on my 560aH cells.

I've not been able to trigger a utility charge through adjustments in settings nor tips and tricks, which I've read through previous posts on the same topic.

Here's the thing...Right now my troubleshooting has led me to the reality that my LV2424 never had any chance of charging via utility because each time I plugged in my wired in input line, it would immediately trip the GFCI it was being plugged into.

The problem could not be the GFCI, it is successful used daily. The problem is not the wire, it is a grounded 10awg wire that is used everywhere else successfully.

I figure the problem is either that the input on the LV2424 is somehow wired wrong and is thus tripping the GFCI, or the input fuse on the LV2424 is blown.

Am I on the right track in my thinking? Or has someone had a similar problem and solution? Any thoughts or direction would sure be appreciated.

As far as checking and replacement of the fuse goes, taking the cover off shows me that the fuse is buried and not easily accessible or I would have switched it out already if I saw it was blown. However, other posts on the forum may indicate it would be a soldered fuse once accessed.

Thanks guys.

Do not use GFCI on your AC input. Also be aware that your inverter can only charge from utility when it is not operating for AC out. Must be in Bypass. Final concern is how you have NG bond setup.

Do not use GFCI on your AC input. Also be aware that your inverter can only charge from utility when it is not operating for AC out. Must be in Bypass. Final concern is how you have NG bond setup.
Thank you, Matt. Yep, just finding another source did it. Not convenient, but works. In my case, I'll get the cells fully charged and switch settings #1 and #16 back to solar only. This is hopefully a one time or periodic setup to get through a tough period.

At a couple of camp sites I had to use a small 3 pin to 2 pin conversion plug - for whatever reason having the second ground pin popped the breaker.

Back