diy solar

diy solar

LV6048 more info and where to find?

ccane

Hello, does anyone know where to find more info on how this thing actually operates? The manual that came with it seems to be lacking a lot of detail. My situation...

I have 24 240w panels wired in 2 banks of 12. 3 panels are wired together to get a max of 111v then go to 2 combiner boxes. From that 4awg goes to the inverter 1 60' run and the other 80'. 16 Trojan RE-16B batteries in 2 banks then paralleled together 3/0 wire to the inverter with a 300amp breaker. No generator or utility service connected yet, The line out is just chopped off gang outlet currently.

Everything seems to charge up fine and operate correctly when the unit is off mode, seems to do fine in inverter mode too other than the first array only shows voltage coming in and no watts. Switched it off, checked fuses, reset, and then wattage appeared for a bit then when back to zero in inverter mode.

If flooded batteries are selected it shows a voltage cutoff of 42v. seems like the batteries would be almost dead instead of at 50% to preserve their life.

Based on the specs it shows the thing will only accept 120v for an input but not 240? Also the wiring size to a panel is recommended at 10awg? Seems pretty undersized going to a panel. Also today plugged in an angle grinder....7.5 amp max and the thing shot a fault 72 code and I have no idea what that means.

Anyways, long story short I just don't know what the thing is doing and why...would like to find out more but don't know where to look.

Hello, does anyone know where to find more info on how this thing actually operates? The manual that came with it seems to be lacking a lot of detail. My situation...

I have 24 240w panels wired in 2 banks of 12. 3 panels are wired together to get a max of 111v then go to 2 combiner boxes. From that 4awg goes to the inverter 1 60' run and the other 80'. 16 Trojan RE-16B batteries in 2 banks then paralleled together 3/0 wire to the inverter with a 300amp breaker. No generator or utility service connected yet, The line out is just chopped off gang outlet currently.

Nothing jumps out as an issue.

Everything seems to charge up fine and operate correctly when the unit is off mode, seems to do fine in inverter mode too other than the first array only shows voltage coming in and no watts. Switched it off, checked fuses, reset, and then wattage appeared for a bit then when back to zero in inverter mode.

But second MPPT works? Have you confirmed you have good connections? Did you make any of your own MC4 connections or splices? Always check those first. Did you swap the MPPT to see if it's array or MPPT related?

If flooded batteries are selected it shows a voltage cutoff of 42v. seems like the batteries would be almost dead instead of at 50% to preserve their life.

Yes. 42V is the 0% SoC discharge level for flooded. It's up to you to decide what works for you. Voltage is a poor way to cut off as voltage varies with current. Pull a heavy load on a battery at a high state of charge, and you can easily pull it down below 48V... should you cut off there because that's less than 50%? Nope. As soon as the load is removed, the voltage bounces back up.

Voltage vs. SoC for lead acid is only accurate for RESTING voltage - batteries should be completely inactive for 10+ hours for it to be a good approximation.

Based on the specs it shows the thing will only accept 120v for an input but not 240?

Page 7. Setting 28.

Also the wiring size to a panel is recommended at 10awg? Seems pretty undersized going to a panel.

3000W max per 120V leg is < 30A. 10awg can handle 30A.

Also today plugged in an angle grinder....7.5 amp max and the thing shot a fault 72 code and I have no idea what that means.

Page 33.

"WARNING! Please make sure all output N wires of each inverter must be connected always. Otherwise, it will cause inverter fault in error code # 72. "

Thanks for the reply. Yep, that's the manual I have. Nothing more info wise out there just that?

I did not make any splices and have not swapped mppts yet (good point). I noticed the lack of watts shortly after I switched the inverter on...maybe has something to do with that neutral wire thing.

Good to know on the batteries.

I was looking at the specs pg 27 where it says max input 150vac so I'm confused.

The wiring I was talking about was from the inverter to my electric panel, not a solar panel. Sorry should have been more clear on that.

Thanks for directing me to what is causing the fault, didn't see that. I did see pg 8 that was talking about short circuiting L and N but saw a post from someone else saying it was a misprint...What is that all about? Just run a jumper from L and N? L1 or L2 and I guess they want you to do it on both.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, that's the manual I have. Nothing more info wise out there just that?

In most cases, you'll find that you can figure it out from the manual.

I did not make any splices and have not swapped mppts yet (good point). I noticed the lack of watts shortly after I switched the inverter on...maybe has something to do with that neutral wire thing.

Good to know on the batteries.

I was looking at the specs pg 27 where it says max input 150vac so I'm confused.

That's likely per 120V leg.

The wiring I was talking about was from the inverter to my electric panel, not a solar panel. Sorry should have been more clear on that.

So was I:

3000W max per 120V leg is < 30A. 10awg can handle 30A.

Your split phase inverter can only output 3000W per 120VAC leg. 3000W/120V = 25A. 10awg wire rated for 30A will suffice.

Thanks for directing me to what is causing the fault, didn't see that. I did see pg 8 that was talking about short circuiting L and N but saw a post from someone else saying it was a misprint...What is that all about? Just run a jumper from L and N? L1 or L2 and I guess they want you to do it on both.

I believe that is if you plan to run it in only single phase mode via setting 28, and it should be L1/L2 not N.

Are you configured for split phase operation?

Not yet but I’d like to set it up that way. I literally just put the thing up a few days ago just to get the batteries charged up from being stored last winter and see if the panels were putting out. Fumbling my way through it

Back