diy solar

diy solar

LVX-6048

HassAnnette

MPP Solar Technical Support Sucks... My system has been down for about 2 months now, after getting the replacement part and following the schematic they provided, the Communication Board is now damage and I suspect that is due to schematic connection wiring information being wrong. But, it has been almost a month waiting for MPP technical support to help me resolve this issue. I send them email and it takes about a week to respond and when I reply it takes another week to get the same answer, it is like they do not read the email or don't have qualified support people. Don't get me wrong, I really like the LVX-6048, but don't expect quick support if you have a problem.

Now, my plead for help in the community. I need to verify a connection between the Comm Board and Main Board, I can walk you through it and should not be difficult to do.

MPP Solar Technical Support Sucks... My system has been down for about 2 months now, after getting the replacement part and following the schematic they provided, the Communication Board is now damage and I suspect that is due to schematic connection wiring information being wrong. But, it has been almost a month waiting for MPP technical support to help me resolve this issue. I send them email and it takes about a week to respond and when I reply it takes another week to get the same answer, it is like they do not read the email or don't have qualified support people. Don't get me wrong, I really like the LVX-6048, but don't expect quick support if you have a problem.

Now, my plead for help in the community. I need to verify a connection between the Comm Board and Main Board, I can walk you through it and should not be difficult to do.
Post pictures of what you have

Here is the picture of the wire connection I am issue with. If you could trace the Red dash line to the left where it connects to the main board, refer to the small enlarge picture of the available connections at that location. BTW, I live south of Charlotte, Thanks...

Attachments

• Comm - Main.jpg
    Comm - Main.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 25
I have 2 LVX6048 inverters. The instructions with the communication kit seem to be differant from the instructions that came with the inverter. Can you confirm what is the correct wiring for the red communication wire in a 2 inverter set up? Thank you in advance.

Good news and I was correct that the schematic sent had error in couple of cable connections, MPP sent me the proper connection update and that resolved my problem and the Inverter is up now and producing power...

Good news and I was correct that the schematic sent had error in couple of cable connections, MPP sent me the proper connection update and that resolved my problem and the Inverter is up now and producing power...
That is great news. Could you share what the correct connections should be? I am close to firing up mine as well and would appreciate it very much. Thanks

Sure and sorry for the delayed response. I have not checked the forum for sometime now. The information the I have is the internal system connection, I am not sure that would help you, but here is the information attached.

However, here is the correct wiring configuration for CN1, CN2, CN16, CN7 on the main board.

- Connect the CN2 on the comm board to the CN1 on the main board.
- Connect the CN5 on the comm board to the CN2 on the main board.
- Connect the CN1 on the PAR comm board to the CN16 on the main board.
- Connect the CN1 on the Mppt board on the CN7 on the main board.

Attachments

• Circuit Cabling Connections Between Boards.pdf
    745 KB · Views: 11
Back