diy solar

diy solar

LVX/TP6048 v Roomba

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Overloaded my TP6048 for the first time.

I was going downstairs to fire up my 24v system and test some panels I picked up yesterday...
Appliances running:
Dishwasher on heated dry in drying cycle
Pioneer 12k mini split (240v) set to 63f in dry mode
2 ceiling fans
Upright HE washing machine, in a rinse cycle.
Fridge and Chest freezer - I can't verify if the compressors were running or starting at the time it shutdown.
Dehumidifier, running
Roomba vacuum getting ready to empty
1HP 240V deep well pump. (I clamped this @~38 a per leg inrush)

PV bringing in around 4kw, 460ah diy pack with JBD 200a contactor BMS's around 80% charged.
... I figured what the heck I'll scroll through this crappy display even though I just looked at solar assistant 10 minutes before.
I saw L2 around 76%, L1 was somewhere around %47
The well pump kicked on, I turned my head to look at the shunt readout and saw somewhere around a 40 amp draw, the lights gave one slight flicker and about two seconds later I heard the whoosh of the damned roomba emptying. The lights flickered pretty good the inverter made a nice vibrating sound and things went dark.
I panicked a little bit it would have been a hell of a lot more if I didn't absorb so much from this forum, thanks everyone!
Fault 07 flashed on the screen, Inverter rebooted, interestingly the batteries started charging before the AC out came back up.
While this was happening I killed the main breaker that feeds the upstairs panel and the main breaker the inverter feeds so the only loads would be lights when i flipped the AC out back on.
Flipped through the manual to see what fault 07 (overload) was, smiled and flipped the AC out back on. The lights came back on and shortly after the dehumidifier I forget about. I flipped the upstairs breaker and stood there for a minute or two watching things. I heard the well pump cycle again since the washer auto restarted and everything was fine.
I came back upstairs to look at SA and post some picture here but all the prior data is gone, I'm bummed and pissed. I tried the tablet and laptop, clicking show current data brings up everything after the restart. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and the Pioneer 12k automatically restarted too but the temp was raised 8 degrees from where I had it set.

I'm over 4MWh on the inverter display since I installed it in October, this is the first time it's restarted. I'd still recommend it to anyone reading this and considering one.
I need to get back to testings panels before I lose the sun.
I also really need to get that XW Pro ordered... Still deciding if I want the schneider MPPT or 2 EG4s. Or I save a pile of money and order another voltronic twin ?

Happy 4th of July!

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_165541.jpg
    IMG_20230704_165541.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230704_165803.jpg
    IMG_20230704_165803.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 0
Hopefully it was just a coindicent and too many things tried to start up at the same time.

Hopefully it was just a coindicent and too many things tried to start up at the same time.
It was. I knew that I was pushing it, I've seen 118% L2 and 63% on L1 last time I pushed it.
When I heard the roomba start after the well pump was running along with everything else I thought something might happen since both legs were likely overloaded at that time, I wish I had data in SA to see the loads before shutdown.
I suppose I'm justifying the Schneider since it should/would handled it no problem and the sungold was meant to get my feet wet...

Overloaded my TP6048 for the first time.

I was going downstairs to fire up my 24v system and test some panels I picked up yesterday...
Appliances running:
Dishwasher on heated dry in drying cycle
Pioneer 12k mini split (240v) set to 63f in dry mode
2 ceiling fans
Upright HE washing machine, in a rinse cycle.
Fridge and Chest freezer - I can't verify if the compressors were running or starting at the time it shutdown.
Dehumidifier, running
Roomba vacuum getting ready to empty
1HP 240V deep well pump. (I clamped this @~38 a per leg inrush)

PV bringing in around 4kw, 460ah diy pack with JBD 200a contactor BMS's around 80% charged.
... I figured what the heck I'll scroll through this crappy display even though I just looked at solar assistant 10 minutes before.
I saw L2 around 76%, L1 was somewhere around %47
The well pump kicked on, I turned my head to look at the shunt readout and saw somewhere around a 40 amp draw, the lights gave one slight flicker and about two seconds later I heard the whoosh of the damned roomba emptying. The lights flickered pretty good the inverter made a nice vibrating sound and things went dark.
I panicked a little bit it would have been a hell of a lot more if I didn't absorb so much from this forum, thanks everyone!
Fault 07 flashed on the screen, Inverter rebooted, interestingly the batteries started charging before the AC out came back up.
While this was happening I killed the main breaker that feeds the upstairs panel and the main breaker the inverter feeds so the only loads would be lights when i flipped the AC out back on.
Flipped through the manual to see what fault 07 (overload) was, smiled and flipped the AC out back on. The lights came back on and shortly after the dehumidifier I forget about. I flipped the upstairs breaker and stood there for a minute or two watching things. I heard the well pump cycle again since the washer auto restarted and everything was fine.
I came back upstairs to look at SA and post some picture here but all the prior data is gone, I'm bummed and pissed. I tried the tablet and laptop, clicking show current data brings up everything after the restart. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and the Pioneer 12k automatically restarted too but the temp was raised 8 degrees from where I had it set.

I'm over 4MWh on the inverter display since I installed it in October, this is the first time it's restarted. I'd still recommend it to anyone reading this and considering one.
I need to get back to testings panels before I lose the sun.
I also really need to get that XW Pro ordered... Still deciding if I want the schneider MPPT or 2 EG4s. Or I save a pile of money and order another voltronic twin ?

Happy 4th of July!
I vote twin time :)

On solar assistant I would get a 12 volt battery just for it like I'm running. I have a dc power supply running it so if the power cuts out SA keeps going.

Thank you!
I vote twin time :)
I could buy a lot more batteries...
I wonder if they are playing nicely in parallel with latest firmware? I could just feed separate panels too and never overload like I did.
On solar assistant I would get a 12 volt battery just for it like I'm running. I have a dc power supply running it so if the power cuts out SA keeps going.

Doh. I'm a freaking idiot, I should have realized that the SA was on the AC...
Good thing I have a 48v to usb c converter I ordered months ago laying around here somewhere ?, I guess that means I should update the SD card and version too...

With what happened I think thats just one more reason to stick with the tp6048's. It handled the overload like it should by restarting and you haven't had any problems till now. I would just keep adding them and keep them separate. That's what I'm going to do.

Well I figured out why SA wasn't displaying current data, the date and time reset when AC power was lost.
Reset the date and time to match the inverter, rebooted SA and data is back.
No signs of an overload in any of the data, bummer at the shitty sampling rate. The flatline is where things shut off, I if I go past it I get no data available.
I'm guessing the last small peak before the flatline was the roomba emptying and the rise before the flatline was the well pump turning on.

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_183545.jpg
    IMG_20230705_183545.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230705_183732.jpg
    IMG_20230705_183732.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230705_183118__01.jpg
    IMG_20230705_183118__01.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 1
Back