diy solar

diy solar

Max AC Coupling for EG418kpv

Jbird2000

Just wondering what the max ac coupled solar is allowed with the 18kpv. (Is it 12K AC?) Based on that number, I assume it will impact the amount of PV I can connect to the 3 MPPTs

Thank-you

Just wondering what the max ac coupled solar is allowed with the 18kpv. (Is it 12K AC?) Based on that number, I assume it will impact the amount of PV I can connect to the 3 MPPTs

Thank-you

I would consult the manual. Since AC coupled grid forming inverters are using the surplus AC at their output for battery charging, most require a max 1:1 ratio of Grid forming inverter power to Grid tie power.

You can still max out your MPPTs. It's basically like charging from grid and the 3X MPPT simultaneously. The unit will manage it all itself.

I don't have an EG4. but as a general concept AC coupling is only limited by the pass through capacity of your inverter when the grid is up. When the grid is down it is a whole other calculation that depends on your loads and the amount of battery capacity to buffer the AC coupled solar when loads fluctuate. DC coupled solar can respond faster when loads change. As mentioned by @sunshine_eggo , consult your manual.

Back