diy solar

diy solar

Max Voltage for Ecoflow Pro

Steve-B

I’ve searched the threads and came close to an answer but nothing final so here goes.
I’m a noob to solar and was looking for a plug and play and based on Wil’s (and others) advice/recommendation, a year ago I bought the Ecoflow Delta Pro. I purchased 4 175w Renogy solar panels.
I live in the big city so it’s just for backup and have only used it a few times. I’ve wanted to add more solar panels so I just purchased 3 more 175w Renogy panels. I really didn’t do my math well when deciding on which panels to buy, however, each panel has open circuit voltage of 21.6v, x’s 7 panels would be 151.2v and Max input for the Delta Pro is 150v Max.
Is the additional 1.2v something I should be concerned over? Should I just go down to 6 panels? I believe I can only run them in series because Max amp input is 15a and each panel is 10.35a SCC.
I greatly appreciate any and all feedback.
Thank you!!

I hope you solved your issue. I am a newby here however I have two delta pros that I power by solar. From what I have read and understand you would be best using 6 of the panels and connecting them 3 in series with 2 parallel sets so the volts do not go over 150 max. and it is better to go with a higher voltage for less voltage drop and lower amps. The amps will take care of themselves. The worst that would happen this way is over paneling which just waste some of the amps. The Ecoflows will only accept a max of 16 amps and over that is not used. But if you over volt you will let the magic smoke out of the delta. 21.6v X 3 = 64.8v with two sets that would be by your figures 20.7a, so you would waste 4.7amps but not worry about harming the delta pro. Anybody with more knowledge please chime in, like I said I am a newby.

I can tell you, definitively after today, the Delta Pro WILL NOT accept more than 150v. It has overvolt protection and even 151v will cause it to completely cut off all DC input through that port and drop to "0000" watts input.

Same goes for anything over 15a. It will self protect and shut off the port entirely until it's below the threshold.

I now have 4x450watt panels that are below the voltage and amps, so we'll test the "1600watt" maximum they list to see if somehow it limits the input to 1600w even if it doesn't exceed the volts or amps listed.

I can tell you, definitively after today, the Delta Pro WILL NOT accept more than 150v. It has overvolt protection and even 151v will cause it to completely cut off all DC input through that port and drop to "0000" watts input.

Same goes for anything over 15a. It will self protect and shut off the port entirely until it's below the threshold.

I now have 4x450watt panels that are below the voltage and amps, so we'll test the "1600watt" maximum they list to see if somehow it limits the input to 1600w even if it doesn't exceed the volts or amps listed.

Where can I find these panels? I desperately trying to find more than 1600 watts so that poor sun angles will keep me near 1600.

This video is a demonstration of various ways of hooking panels to the Delta Pro. Excess amps are simply wasted. It still charged the Delta Pro inspite of amps being over 15.

I have nothing new to offer but I am writing to say I appreciate the question and all the responses. I have a DP too, but I charge it with a generator every 3 days. I don't have the money to invest in a full PV system, but I have been a DIY solar geek for 4 years now and I am saving to buy a couple of panels to power the DP. Power consumption is basic at my off grid cabin. 1.5 KWH per day.

Back