diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels for Delta Pro

Steve-B

Hi, First time here and a noob so take it easy ?
I have the Ecoflow Delta Pro and was running 4 175w Renogy panels. I just purchased 3 more and made a minor calculation error.
The open circuit voltage for each one is 21.6v x’s 7 would bring total voltage to 151.2v and Max is said to be 150v for the Pro.
Is the additional 1.2v something to lose sleep over or should I just run 6 panels and return one?
I believe alll I can do is run them in series because Max amps is 15 and each panel has 10.35 amps.
I appreciate any and all advice.

Last edited:
I would say send back your charger and get a larger one. I'm a noob also but I personally pushed my Renogy one too its limit about a month ago it failed into 24v mode even though it is a 12 volt system frying my inverter. I partially blame pushing it to the labels max and will oversize my charge controllers from now on.

Hi, First time here and a noob so take it easy ?
I have the Ecoflow Delta Pro and was running 4 175w Renogy panels. I just purchased 3 more and made a minor calculation error.
The open circuit voltage for each one is 21.6v x’s 7 would bring total voltage to 151.2v and Max is said to be 150v for the Pro.
Is the additional 1.2v something to lose sleep over or should I just run 6 panels and return one?
I believe alll I can do is run them in series because Max amps is 15 and each panel has 10.35 amps.
I appreciate any and all advice.
That is too much. They tell you not to exceed anything after the recommend voltage for a reason. You could do 21.6 x 6, but you have to take into account lower temperatures as well. When the temperature gets lower, it spikes your voltage, so those 6 might be cutting it a little close to voltage max.

You could parallel 3 x 3 and not ever have to worry about voltage at all. But then you'll need some parallel adapters.

Back