diy solar

diy solar

Maximum Solar

prestonmcafee

I purchased the MPP 1012LV from Maximum Solar, which seems to be MPP's own store, or at least is linked directly from MPP's site. $254 plus $29 shipping from the US site -- the Taiwan site appears cheaper but comes with $119 shipping, making the US site faster and cheaper. The device came in about a week and works fine, so chock that up for one good experience.

Yep. Same with me. After shipping was cheaper to buy from u.s stock

Don't forget to buy a second one, as IMHO, you'll need a spare on the shelf when things go sideways. 1-year warranty, all kinds of conditions upon the return/repair/exchange, seller rights above buyer rights, etc.

maximumsolar.online/termsandsupport/#warranty

If, like me, you bought one to "test the waters" wrt to AIO's, and are self-supporting ... no problem. Mine lives on a hand-truck "solar generator" project, while I run it through the mill of daily life & various power projects. I fully expect mine to die sometime near the 1-year mark, and will autopsy the thing to see what crapped out. At that time, I'll also find out how "self-repairable" these things are ...

I'm not expecting to have years of service from it, not at the price point at which I bought it ...

Good luck with your project!

Don't forget to buy a second one, as IMHO, you'll need a spare on the shelf when things go sideways. 1-year warranty, all kinds of conditions upon the return/repair/exchange, seller rights above buyer rights, etc.

maximumsolar.online/termsandsupport/#warranty

If, like me, you bought one to "test the waters" wrt to AIO's, and are self-supporting ... no problem. Mine lives on a hand-truck "solar generator" project, while I run it through the mill of daily life & various power projects. I fully expect mine to die sometime near the 1-year mark, and will autopsy the thing to see what crapped out. At that time, I'll also find out how "self-repairable" these things are ...

I'm not expecting to have years of service from it, not at the price point at which I bought it ...

Good luck with your project!
They all tell you to watch out for Chinese knock offs and when you get it and open the case to hook up the wires all the parts are made in China

Back