diy solar

diy solar

MEGA fuse 48v 500amp

wargames

Hello i am trying to find some one that sell the mega fuse in 500amp 48v, i can find the 32v fuses everywhere but can't really find anyone that sells the high amp fuses for 48v, i have found some 300amp ones but i am trying to fuse an electric motor and need the higher amps. Does anyone know of a place that sells teh 48v 500amp mega fuses?

do those fit in the victron bus bar system, i know CNN fuses do not as they are ever so slightly too tall, the CNN fuses do fit in the victron shunt though.

do those fit in the victron bus bar system, i know CNN fuses do not as they are ever so slightly too tall, the CNN fuses do fit in the victron shunt though.
i have no idea personally. the spacing is the same between the poles of those fuses, but that class t one is thicc. not sure if it would fit?

yeah you may have to call a supply house to see what they have or can order?

just make sure you are getting a fuse for at least 60v to use on a 48v pack

i have no idea personally. the spacing is the same between the poles of those fuses, but that class t one is thicc. not sure if it would fit?
Class T’s are too thick. But I was able to fit 3 (vs 4) with some modification.

I don’t know his application, but the 350A or greater ones are for short-circuit protection only, not over-current protection. Also not UL.
electric motor which has the possibility of pulling 650a and my battery bank do have 300a relay bms to feed the motor.

Can you run two cables to your motor with a 250 amp fuse on each cable?
I am running a single 500a fuse and 4/0 over like a 4inch run to the motor controller which then convert that 48vdc to 3 phase AC and that requires 2awg and that will be my "long run" of like 3 feet

Back