diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

Does anyone know the firmware version # posted above? I finally got my unit powered up yesterday and the versions that came loaded are:

ARM: V1.03.06
DSP: C1.04.06

I'm told there is 'supposedly' a firmware update coming that will allow parallel of these units, but no idea if that will ever come about.
ARM: V1.03.11
DSP: C1.04.09

Hi Wet1, did the test a couple more times and i still get about 70 watts at idle consumption on my victron shunt. Grid on, inverter on, battery on. PV off, Load off.
Thank you for the verification! Has anyone else done a similar test to compare?

Anyone update to to new firmware yet? I still haven't seen what's been updated...

What is the best or recommeneded way to restart these inverters? I have battery, PV and grid connected.

That's what I have been doing, I just wasn't sure if there was a proper sequence. If I connect battery first, the inverter will reboot when I turn on PV, for example. so I have been turning on PV then battery. I have Grid connect, but often leave it off.

Also, in the evening, with grid connected, the inverter seems to cycle on/off as the PV voltage drops. I'm not sure if this is just normal behavior, however.

As a side note, I am also experiencing the lock up of the statistics. It also displays battery voltage as zero when this occurs.

That's what I have been doing, I just wasn't sure if there was a proper sequence. If I connect battery first, the inverter will reboot when I turn on PV, for example. so I have been turning on PV then battery. I have Grid connect, but often leave it off.

Also, in the evening, with grid connected, the inverter seems to cycle on/off as the PV voltage drops. I'm not sure if this is just normal behavior, however.

As a side note, I am also experiencing the lock up of the statistics. It also displays battery voltage as zero when this occurs.
I would typically connect PV last as there is no guarantee it would be sufficient to power the inverter. THe rest is probably irrelevant but that just my personal opinion. What do you mean by cycling? The fan kicks in as needed.

With no grid, just battery and PV connected, when sun is not sufficient to power the inverter, the relays click and the screen turns off. The screen will then turn back on, show 'initializing' and seem operational. Then if I see PV get to roughly 300watts, the relays will click, the screen will turn off, say initializing, etc. Its almost like the inverter is switching its power source between battery/pv or something. Not sure. Perhaps I have some settings wrong.

I am running in self-consume, but I am unsure what DISC-POWER means, perhaps that is something to do with it? PV-POWER is set to 100%

With no grid, just battery and PV connected, when sun is not sufficient to power the inverter, the relays click and the screen turns off. The screen will then turn back on, show 'initializing' and seem operational. Then if I see PV get to roughly 300watts, the relays will click, the screen will turn off, say initializing, etc. Its almost like the inverter is switching its power source between battery/pv or something. Not sure. Perhaps I have some settings wrong.

I am running in self-consume, but I am unsure what DISC-POWER means, perhaps that is something to do with it? PV-POWER is set to 100%
If memory serves me well, I played with Disc-Power once. Anything other then 100% made the unit go goofy?

I think disc power indicates how much the battery discharges in time-shift mode with grid on. I have never used mine at night with no grid but that cycling doesn't sound right.

Anyone update to to new firmware yet? I still haven't seen what's been updated...
As anyone installed the latest Megarevo firmware dated 05/11/2022 at this point? I still haven't heard what updates or improvements have been made. Given how long it took for it to roll out, I would've thought you guys would've jumped on this. Unless everyone is waiting for someone else to upload it first, lol!

I updated my firmware this evening. So far the only change I've noticed is that it doesn't constantly display "Gird low vol" and "Grid low freq" due to running off grid. I found it funny that grid was spelled correctly in only one of the errors.

I updated my firmware this evening. So far the only change I've noticed is that it doesn't constantly display "Gird low vol" and "Grid low freq" due to running off grid. I found it funny that grid was spelled correctly in only one of the errors.
Anything for the disable the disruptive AFCI test setting?

Anything for the disable the disruptive AFCI test setting?
I am hounding them about this issue. This is a critical fault, and it should be a priority fix. But nothing yet. I am running a Deye (1.5 yrs) and a Sol-ark 8k (2yrs) neither have ever shut down.

Slvrsky07 are you on grid or off grid!
I am grid tied with net metering but I have 10kwh worth of batteries that should be here in a few days. We plan on adding 10kwh a year for the next couple years. Our power here isn’t the most dependable so it’s more for UPS or when the grid is down. My wife doesn’t want to be disconnected from the grid even though we only consume 60% of our solar in the summer. I haven’t been though a winter with it yet though.

Yes, I am in Puerto Rico and Grid is very unreliable, The Megarevo is great as a backup system with grid tied, but once Grid goes, It switches over very slow, meaning lights will blink, electronics will be effected. but interesting enought, If you just turn off the grid breaker it switches over very fast, but not as fast as Deye or Sol-ark, but do-able. I am running on a 20 kw Lifepo4 with a Seplos BMS. The Megarevo was purchase by me for testing. I typically run off grid. But not with this inverter as it stands. I am not very trilled with it, but hopefully Megarevo can get there Sh..T together and with some updates make me a believer.

My CTs arrived broken. Never did get replacements, so I ordered some off Amazon. Make sure they are 1:1 or 100 amp 1 amp output. You may have to move up to 200 amp CT. The 100 amp are 16mm hole and fit tight to 200 amp AL wire.

The CT's from amazon are 100 amp -> 100 mA so 1:1000 ratio. 100 amp -> 1 amp would be a 1:100 ratio.
My original ct's from bluesun (==megarevo oem) are 90 amp -> 90 mA (1:1000) as well.
I need larger ones, they won't fit over the alu supply lines to my 200 amp breaker.

Back