diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

Is there any way to know if the RS485 connection is working ?
Will "any" RS485 adapter work or do you need a specific version to work with the program ?
I think got the wrong one, XDS100 vs XDS110 :fp2
Can you tell me about the special cable that you were talking about ?
If the RS-485 connection is working, then during firmware update, the hybrid app will show the progress bar making progress. Pretty much any RS-485 adapter will work.
Here is the super hard way to flash the .out firmware and recover from a failed .out firmware upgrade if all the above suggestions fail. The XDS100 should work the same as the XDS110. You'll need Uniflash to upload the .out file. You need to disconnect all power from the inverter, disconnect both power connectors from the control board. Near that two-pin power connector, there's a relay. Remove the two-pin jumper next to the relay. Power the two-pin AC port with DC 220-350V (needs roughly 20W). It must be DC. AC will be bad, even though it runs on AC during normal operation. Connect your programmer to your PC and to the white 4 pin connector on the control board; it's toward the middle of the board on the edge closest to you. Left to right pins 1-4 are TCK, GND, TMS, 3.3V. See pages 97 & 98 for more necessary info on the connections. Flash the firmware using UniFlash. (The first time you use your programmer, it will probably update the firmware on your programmer.) Then disconnect and put all connections back to how it was.

You need to disable "insulation d" -> "Leack Dete". I'm not sure if that is the same as the ARC you are referring to.

Setup > Run Setting > Active Rep > Insulation D > Disable
Hi,
I updated my MR with the firmware from @fromport website (https://www.dth.net/solar/megarevo/firmware/20231102/) but I am not seeing the path Setup > Run Setting > Active Rep > Insulation D > Disable. My Run Setting submenu stops at FAC-MAX. Is there something I am missing? I am also having the rebooting of the inverter in the morning at about 6 am. What is the setting I need to change on the latest firmware?

Attachments

• Run Setting.jpeg
    Run Setting.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Firmware.jpeg
    Firmware.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 4
I am also having the rebooting of the inverter in the morning at about 6 am. What is the setting I need to change on the latest firmware?
Disable the isolation test setting.

Does the latest firmware not have that setting in the tree ?
If that is the case, can you try:
SYS SETTING -> 7 ARC ENABLE -> 1. DISABLE

Is anyone running the 0605 release in parallel? I'm having an issue with the slave unit reporting twice its load. The Main unit is correctly reporting its load based on the current its drawing from the battery. On the slave unit, however, it is reporting twice its load. What this does is shifts more of the "work' to the main unit, even though its reporting they are sharing it 50/50.

For example: Master/Slave
1705366041504.png
1705366011465.png
And in Home Assistant, same reported data:
1705366126277.png

Power is reporting 9.6kw when in reality its only about 7.5kw of battery draw.
1705366387795.png

Disable the isolation test setting.

Does the latest firmware not have that setting in the tree ?
If that is the case, can you try:
SYS SETTING -> 7 ARC ENABLE -> 1. DISABLE
Hi @fromport . Thanks for the response. I do not that in the setting tree. I have made the adjustment to disable ARC ENABLE. I will watch it over the next two days and see how it performs.

Hi @fromport . Thanks for the response. I do not that in the setting tree. I have made the adjustment to disable ARC ENABLE. I will watch it over the next two days and see how it performs.
(AFAIK) That "check insulation" is part of the ARC check of the MR. So by disabling that, also the insulation test should be disabled [famous last words]

Last edited:
When off grid, the insulation check turns off the inverter for a couple minutes each day. You can hear some relays clicking. It's measuring the resistance between PV wiring and ground.

The ARC fault detection shouldn't have any relation to the PV insulation check. If you follow the PV wires up from the connector, they go through an arc fault detector. With arc detection enabled, if the inverter detects arcing in the PV lines, it will turn off the solar so that the panels don't catch fire. Then you have to go find where the bad connection is.

Just an update that disabling ARC ENABLE worked and MR is no longer rebooting. Thanks very much.

Well this thread really died off. I was ready to buy a 10k MR, then decided to hold off and see if theey fix the quirks in the software. I have not seen much activity on this site about the Megarevo. Either everyone is having 0 issues, or too disgusted with their units to talk about them.

I have also been following the SRNE 10k inverter threads. Not sure if it has all the same features in its software as far as time of use and priority modes.

Well let me know what you guys are dealing with.
Thank you,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421_115620_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_115620_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240421_115549_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_115549_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240421_115558_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_115558_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240421_115535_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg