diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

As soon as you hit _the_ limit it will give an error (i think of it as a warning)
When it hits that error, it takes almost :30 to start charging again. I’m going to try to see if I can keep it just shy of that error.

So once the battery fully discharges, with no PV, the grid charges the battery. Once mine hits hits 99%, it just stays there. It doesn’t do the discharge cycle again.

ask your supplier for technical backup
I have asked GSL for support in the past, I get 100% more help on here. The reason the battery discharge frequency is an issue is since I have a 1kWh turbine and if the battery bank is full, it just dumps the energy and in turn I pay for the grid to charge the battery.

I will try and reach out.
From what I read here, GSL is making a great effort to provide support. My alibaba oem reseller of the megarevo (bluesun) isn't.
Once the questions get too technical and clearly to a problem, they stop communicating.
It is unnecessary that readings like battery charge/discharge kWh are still not readable (for me at least)
Screenshot from 2022-11-06 06-17-57.png
are those fields (Daily Purchased/Charged/Discharged) empty with your system as well?

From what I read here, GSL is making a great effort to provide support. My alibaba oem reseller of the megarevo (bluesun) isn't.
Once the questions get too technical and clearly to a problem, they stop communicating.
It is unnecessary that readings like battery charge/discharge kWh are still not readable (for me at least)
View attachment 119304
are those fields (Daily Purchased/Charged/Discharged) empty with your system as well?
On SOLARMAN?

Another weird thing. This diagram shows pulling from the grid. On the inverter screen I am discharging and running off dc to dc.

Attachments

• 8FF18E09-D977-4EF8-8AE2-5A6E14B58BEB.jpeg
    8FF18E09-D977-4EF8-8AE2-5A6E14B58BEB.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 8
This is the one I am using.

Attachments

• 1B7A3811-BD61-4BAD-BB4D-505B2E3A79CC.png
    1B7A3811-BD61-4BAD-BB4D-505B2E3A79CC.png
    806.1 KB · Views: 11
Do you know what would tell the inverter to discharge a full battery again? Example, the battery charges from the 20% SOC to what is displayed as 99% SOC on the inverter. The battery BMS shows its at 100% and constantly going into OV protect since its fully charged. Then randomly (or as far as I can tell) it will finally go into DC- DC discharge mode and power my loads with the battery down to 20% SOC again. I am trying to figure out if its waiting a certain amount of time when the battery is full before cycling again or for some other signal?

I have a DIY LiFePO4 battery using the Lead Acid Setting. I keep the MR set to charge voltage 56.0v (3.5v per cell), and my BMS set to 3.60v over-voltage (57.6v total). My BMS balance setting is for 3.45v and I find this will prevent the battery from going into an over-voltage warning with my usage. Perhaps a cell could spike with lots of PV and no load, but that would be an edge case in my situation.

Does the Lithium battery setting still allow you to configure these numbers so that the MR can't push the battery above your cutoff? Or is the issue that it draws from grid and not battery despite battery being full?

Do you know what would tell the inverter to discharge a full battery again? Example, the battery charges from the 20% SOC to what is displayed as 99% SOC on the inverter. The battery BMS shows its at 100% and constantly going into OV protect since its fully charged. Then randomly (or as far as I can tell) it will finally go into DC- DC discharge mode and power my loads with the battery down to 20% SOC again. I am trying to figure out if its waiting a certain amount of time when the battery is full before cycling again or for some other signal?
Problem is the lack of documentation with a lot of these new hybrid inverters. Both my Megarevo & my LuxPower lack any useful descriptions of the working modes.
In my case I have set it to "self consume mode" and this is what it looks like in 24 hours:
Screenshot from 2022-11-07 07-38-20.png
Blue is my SOC of the battery. discharging during the night to about 30% in this graph.
Red is battery power, going to almost zero when sun rises then starts to charge my batteries to about 95%, tapers down and when 98% it stops charging between 1-3.30 PM.
In the mean time my loads are being powered from PV during the day. When sun gets to low it starts using the batteries again.
Rinse, repeat.
My batteries are never charged by the grid.
Today & tomorrow we will have rain \o/ (we need it) and there will not be enough PV to charge my batteries.
So at some point my batteries will hit 20% (my lowest limit I set) and the grid will take over with supplying power to my loads.
Maybe we should compare other settings.
My batteries have CANBUS communication with the MR and voltage settings etc are communicated between batteries & inverter.
I never have an over voltage warning or anything.

Mine are also connected with Canbus. I set the battery voltage values using the lead acid mode then switched back to lithium. I’m wondering if it’s one of the battery voltage settings, maybe it’s waiting for a 100% SOC by checking the input battery voltage vs using the bms readout?

From what I can tell, it looks like being grid connected with batteries will cause the battery SOC to stay fully charged at night until PV kicks in. Then it will discharge the batteries and charge until full again. This means for me, it powers the loads during the day using battery and PV and will end up with a 70% SOC at the end of the daytime in late fall. Which partly makes sense. The issue with it is that for me is with it holding the 100% SOC and staying grid connected throughout the night is that my wind turbine has no where to dump power. I wish the there was a way using the unit to get it to charge to 75% SOC or just charge and discharge throughout the night while being grid connected if needed there isn't enough wind/ solar or battery for the loads. The other caveat is that during the day if I have excess PV power I would still like to sell it back so being not grid connected will not work well for me.
I have tried reaching out to GSL and they were just unhelpful when I mentioned the reasoning to find a way to do this.
The other option I had was to use a micro controller with SSRs and a contactor to disconnect and reconnect the grid connection in the unit. Now it would probably work doing that but would have to work around the light flicker switching from grid to off grid mode causes.

Have you power cycled the unit after changing the settings?
With the same settings we should not have different behavior.
Power cycle is switching off PV, batteries & AC
Warning: your daily readings will be reset

Have you power cycled the unit after changing the settings?
With the same settings we should not have different behavior.
Power cycle is switching off PV, batteries & AC
Warning: your daily readings will be reset
Yes, I have been restarting it after the changes (which is a PITA when having the critical loads panel connected)

diy solar

diy solar
Back