diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

Does anyone have information on these contacts? I was hoping to use one set as a 2 wire generator start.
There is no information that I know of. I would assume that the contacts are for things like a gen start. BUT there needs to be a big firmware update to activate them in the programming. There are many other functions that I assumed were or will be available but we have yet to see them implemented, the smart load function is the one I look forward to.

I believe you have a misunderstanding about the banking process in China. We never received your payment on our company’s account cause the company name you input in your bank is wrong(see the bank slips)! We are just negotiating with you to revise a correct company name then our bank can release the money to us! Pls call me by via my mobile or WhatsApp:+86-134 2934 3430
Your bank has received multiple revisions. After submitted the last one, they contacted my bank and asked why we keep submitting revisions for funds that they don't have. Our international wire team verified with your bank that the funds were disbursed from your bank to your company account on the day they were initially sent 2 months ago. We initiated a wire recall, and China Merchants Bank once again verified that your company has the funds, and they could not send the money back.

It is against international law for a bank to hold funds from a wire that are not either disbursed or returned. Something to do with money laundering. So either your bank is breaking international law, or your company has the funds and is refusing to ship the product I paid for. You have promised to return the funds several times over the last 2 months, and nothing has happened.

If it is as you claim, then simply refuse the wire, and return my money. Then I would ask why it has taken 2 months to do this.

We asked for 2 months that you either ship the product or return the funds. We offered to repurchase the inverter via alibaba, or using a credit card, or any other arrangement that offered you a guaranteed payment and us some level of consumer protection. We still need and want an inverter. We still ask that you either ship us the inverter, or return our funds.

PS - We have hijacked the megarevo thread enough.

Update on May 16, 2022

Today I received a refund of the amount paid for the inverter. Happy to finally lay this to rest. FYI - Huaya did charge me a $40 wire fee to return the money.

Last edited:
I currently trying to get some help from Megarevo regarding the firmware update and am going around in circles, but I did find out that there is a different Solarman website that has a "fleet" view of inverters and there is a firmware update option on that.

Go to https://pro.solarmanpv.com and create an account. You can then add in your stick-logger serial number and it will show up on the portal. I've attached some screenshots. Note: the numbers look weird because my inverter is in "stuck" mode (this is why I'd like to update the firmware). It is running properly but not updating metrics.

Unfortunately, the "select firmware update" option is currently empty and I am trying to work through support to understand why.

Note: here is a YouTube video of an upgrade (they do the stick-logger firmware, but you can see Deye firmware in the list):

Attachments

• SOLARMAN-1.png
    SOLARMAN-1.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 29
  • SOLARMAN-2.png
    SOLARMAN-2.png
    331 KB · Views: 29
  • SOLARMAN-3.png
    SOLARMAN-3.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I currently trying to get some help from Megarevo regarding the firmware update and am going around in circles, but I did find out that there is a different Solarman website that has a "fleet" view of inverters and there is a firmware update option on that.

Go to https://pro.solarmanpv.com and create an account. You can then add in your stick-logger serial number and it will show up on the portal. I've attached some screenshots. Note: the numbers look weird because my inverter is in "stuck" mode (this is why I'd like to update the firmware). It is running properly but not updating metrics.

Unfortunately, the "select firmware update" option is currently empty and I am trying to work through support to understand why.

Note: here is a YouTube video of an upgrade (they do the stick-logger firmware, but you can see Deye firmware in the list):
I check Solarman Pro every day for any up dates. Just not sure if it would show up at the bottom or you have to have a name. On one video I seen that showed how to up date on a different manufacture his list was long of different firmware names that he scrolled through to find the right one. So I assume it would show when available. At the same time you would think that the most current would already be there. I think earlier someone posted they had a lower version then I do.

Keep up the good work flygeek.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 11-50-27 SOLARMAN Business.png

Hi Everyone, I thought i would post this question here, instead of creating a new post, since it is related to the 8k Megarevo. So My question is has anyone been able to get Megarevo (BSE8KLNA US 8KW Hybrid Solar Inverter(Low Voltage)) to charge a LFP battery (with grid or PV) without using can bus communication, by using the lead acid battery setting with lets say these parameters (or any other) Charge V = 55v, Bat end V 48v and Bat OVP 55v. I have been testing this unit for the last week and for the life of me i cannot get it to charge the battery.

Hi Everyone, I thought i would post this question here, instead of creating a new post, since it is related to the 8k Megarevo. So My question is has anyone been able to get Megarevo (BSE8KLNA US 8KW Hybrid Solar Inverter(Low Voltage)) to charge a LFP battery (with grid or PV) without using can bus communication, by using the lead acid battery setting with lets say these parameters (or any other) Charge V = 55v, Bat end V 48v and Bat OVP 55v. I have been testing this unit for the last week and for the life of me i cannot get it to charge the battery.
Chose Lead Acid mode, OVP have to set higher than Charge volt.
Batt end volt you cannot set higher than 48V. For battery LFP 16S, discharge to 48V mean the battery totally EMPTY.
Megarevo said, they will change the sofware to Increase the Battery End Volt value soon.

Chose Lead Acid mode, OVP have to set higher than Charge volt.
Batt end volt you cannot set higher than 48V. For battery LFP 16S, discharge to 48V mean the battery totally EMPTY.
Megarevo said, they will change the sofware to Increase the Battery End Volt value soon.
Thanks! Anhpt will try and hopefully we will get it charging!

Interesting, I believe that's significantly higher than what others have previously report. The sol-ark 8k and Deye 8k have published 60 watts of idle consumption, which I have personally seen and can verify as true. The Megarevo was 10 watts higher but i was really not checking for idle consumption at the time. It was just an observed at the moment, with loads off.

In a previous (now deleted) thread and earlier on this one, I seem to recall others mentioning from 25-40 watts, hence my surprise you were seeing 70W. If you happen to think about it as you're tinkering with your system, follow-up verification could be good data for others. It also seems some units are being sent with different firmware numbers than others, I suppose this could influence it as well.
Thanks for the input!

Another user posted this user manual for GSL

Hi All, In a OFF-GRID installation with the Megarevo wired up to LFP Battery pack and Solar PV with NO GRID AC connection. The Inverter will perform a Self-test around the early morning hours of around 5+ AM and will temporarily shutdown and reboot itself. As a result, all devices connected to the critical LOAD output of the Megarevo will result in power lost during a 5-10 mins window. According to Megarevo support, is a "built in Safety feature". Have any of you folks experience this operating the Inverter in truely OFF-GRID mode ??

Thanks and look forward to your feedback.

I am connected to the grid and every morning, just at dawn, the inverter will go into bypass mode for 8 minutes. I have only had it reboot once that I remember. I was curious about why it did that, but I determined/assumed it was when the PV voltage was just starting to climb because it gets earlier each morning and is close to dawn. Then it's about 30 minutes later I start to see PV generation.

I have also noticed that it does the same 8 minute thing just as battery goes into over voltage protection or should I say the BMS tells the inverter that battery has reached full charge. I seems to struggle when say 125 amps of charge goes to zero when the command is sent from BMS. On a cloudy day when the charge current is lower I don't always see the inverter go into bypass for the 8 minutes.

This was posted on youtube yesterday.
They claim they will show you how to remedy this in their next video.

Was that you MNRosado?

I am connected to the grid and every morning, just at dawn, the inverter will go into bypass mode for 8 minutes. I have only had it reboot once that I remember. I was curious about why it did that, but I determined/assumed it was when the PV voltage was just starting to climb because it gets earlier each morning and is close to dawn. Then it's about 30 minutes later I start to see PV generation.

I have also noticed that it does the same 8 minute thing just as battery goes into over voltage protection or should I say the BMS tells the inverter that battery has reached full charge. I seems to struggle when say 125 amps of charge goes to zero when the command is sent from BMS. On a cloudy day when the charge current is lower I don't always see the inverter go into bypass for the 8 minutes.
According to the Megarevo engineering support, the "Self-Test" feature is part of UL1741SA certification requirements for AFCI (Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter) Here is a brief description of the AFCI function on a Solar Inverter

An AFCI or Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter is a device used to detect arcing in an electrical circuit and to interrupt the flow of current. It is installed in many types of electrical circuits to reduce the chances of an electrical fire due to faulty wiring, bad wiring connections or damage sustained during wiring installation.

For PV systems, it is designed to detect series arcing in the DC cabling or junction boxes. In the event of an arc, the AFCI circuit will alert the main control CPU in the inverter and interrupt the power conversion process thereby interrupting the DC current flow and reducing the chances of DC wiring related fires.

The Inverter firmware code scheduled this AFCI testing early in the morning right before PV production. Depending on the User configuration mode 1. Hybrid Off-Grid mode (PV+Battery) During the AFCI test, the Inverter will be shutdown briefly during the test. All circuit connected to the LOAD of the Inverter will lose power and shutdown. If PV+Battery+GRID is available, during the AFCI test, the Inverter's LOAD will enter into By-Pass mode where GRID power will be supplied to all circuits connected to the LOAD output of the Inverter. The current firmware does not have a way to disable the AFCI self test function. It's almost annoying and make it impossible to use this Inverter in a Off-Grid mode, with daily power outage to all the LOAD circuit. We have voice our concern about this and support mentioned they may add a feature to disable the disruptive AFCI test in future firmware update.

Speaking of future firmware updates, have they released the (significant) firmware update they said was coming last month, or have they still not released any public updates yet?

I've found it odd they've been so unresponsive with updates up to this point given it's a newish product and it most certainly still has some bugs and unactivated capabilities. One would think they would be being addressed items fairly regularly as they go via firmware updates.

We have voice our concern about this and support mentioned they may add a feature to disable the disruptive AFCI test in future firmware update.

I like the "MAY" add the feature. And there has not been any firmware updates available publicly. This unit was designed clear back before October last year, or when I first saw a post of it. I have a need for one that is off grid in the future, for a RV build. Sounds like it will be worthless for that and does not give an option to swap out current Megarevo for something that is better supported. Sadly that goes back to looking at Solark.

The following is the latest Megarevo firmware dated 05/11/2022, upgrade tools and PDF instructions
1. "stream_2020_12_10.zip" - Windows Firmware upgrade tool
2. "firmware upgrade instruction.pdf" - PDF Instructions Read entire PDF before you attempt !
3. "Firmware binary 05-11-2022.zip" - binary image of the firmware.

Please read all instruction and make sure you understand what you're attempting.
And good luck.

Attachments

• Firmware binary 05-11-2022.rar
    740.8 KB · Views: 39
  • stream_2020_12_10.zip
    13 MB · Views: 44
  • firmware upgrade instruction.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 51
I'm a bit unclear about grid connection from reading the manual. For the breaker in the main panel, feeding to the grid connection, the spec sheet says the 8k unit can peak output at 38.3A (8ga req'd) but can draw 50 amps (6 ga req'd) and the manual says to make this connection with 10awg wire. Should I run 6awg from the main panel to the grid input, and what size breaker in the main panel? The manual is more clear about the output, use a 40A breaker (with 8ga). Thanks!

diy solar

diy solar
Back