diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

How many watts total is the array?
In 1. Setup>2. Grid STD>1. React Mode>What is your setting?
How many amps are you charging with?

Reason I ask is I have reported the issue with Bus over VOL and Bat over Vol. Been testing and I used Power Factor instead of React Power yesterday. Ran one day smooth as butter. Knock on wood.

As far as charging I had seen similar but only spikes where the charge would quit but picked right back up without any Warnings. I am about 400 watts over paneled on each three arrays. I covered a few cells on each array and seem to help. I also found that with V1.04.09 I can only get about 70 amps before I have drop outs. Before the update I had gone as high as 140 amps without issue. Ran 100-125 for months, again without issues.

Curious to see if we can narrow down some of these issues and understand some of the setting more fully.
The array power is only 2.2kW. So max charging would be 40A.
Our setting in
-> Grid STD> US-CA
-> Run Setting> React Mode> React PF> C0.100 (factory setting)
-> Run Setting> React Mode> React RP> 0 (factory setting)
Not sure how to use Power Factor instead React Power?

The array power is only 2.2kW. So max charging would be 40A.
Our setting in
-> Grid STD> US-CA
-> Run Setting> React Mode> React PF> C0.100 (factory setting)
-> Run Setting> React Mode> React RP> 0 (factory setting)
Not sure how to use Power Factor instead React Power?
I chose Power Factor and then returned out of the menu.

How many watts total is the array?
In 1. Setup>2. Grid STD>1. React Mode>What is your setting?
How many amps are you charging with?

Reason I ask is I have reported the issue with Bus over VOL and Bat over Vol. Been testing and I used Power Factor instead of React Power yesterday. Ran one day smooth as butter. Knock on wood.

As far as charging I had seen similar but only spikes where the charge would quit but picked right back up without any Warnings. I am about 400 watts over paneled on each three arrays. I covered a few cells on each array and seem to help. I also found that with V1.04.09 I can only get about 70 amps before I have drop outs. Before the update I had gone as high as 140 amps without issue. Ran 100-125 for months, again without issues.

Curious to see if we can narrow down some of these issues and understand some of the setting more fully.
Can you elaborate what you mean by using PF instead of reactive power?

I see the same morning spikes as everyone else. The unit needs 120v on the DC side to "turn on" the MPPT. It will then hold 85v and allow the current to increase until 1amp. At that point, it allows voltage to increase to find max power of the panels. This has been very consistent.

It does the same in the evening. Once power drops below 100w, it will reduce voltage to 85v and hold there while current tapers to zero.

Can you elaborate what you mean by using PF instead of reactive power?
It's my assumption that the four choices are modes? So each is a choice or mode instead of settings that the inverter used from each one. I don't have a clue what QU Wave and QP wave are. In Reactive mode I feel and seem to notice it is the reaction time that the inverter uses to changing loads, especially with anti reverse. When a resistive load turns off I noticed the inverter over shoots and feeds into the grid for a bit. I was worried about this so had Reactive power to +10? I think. But it seemed like the power fed towards grid, and that fed into by grid, jumped around more. Back to PF mode it seems that while it still over shoots, overall the changes look much smoother when looking at external monitor.

Also I noticed that on the external monitor my PF has been more normal. Running in React Mode I would most of the time see .15 +/- on Grid coming in past the CT's. I thought that maybe the inverter does not sync with grid very well. Now it is .35PF @ 60 watts. My PF readings also were a bit wacky on the Grid input of the inverter when feeding towards the grid. Now I show 300 watts @ .90 PF. I even run two Reference transformers to get betting readings on the monitor. They helped with one plugged into the EPS panel and the other into the Main Panel.

Here is an example of a few months ago before the two Reference transformers.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 06-49-21 IotaWatt.png

Here is a shot of current operation.

Screenshot 2022-07-04 at 09-32-43 IotaWatt.png

Hello All, I am looking for a digital copy of the megarevo 8kw owners manual? Any suggestions?

This one is the same

Attachments

• GSL 48V Split Phase Hybrid Inverter User's Manual.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Does anyone know the firmware version # posted above? I finally got my unit powered up yesterday and the versions that came loaded are:

ARM: V1.03.06
DSP: C1.04.06

I'm told there is 'supposedly' a firmware update coming that will allow parallel of these units, but no idea if that will ever come about.
NCS; I am late to the conversation. I just installed my inverter and having this same problem. Kindly offer a solution if there is one.

I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of the latest firmware (Thank you!) and have confirmed that parallel function is now supported for these inverters. Unfortunately, I only have 1 inverter wired up right now since the parallel function was not available when I did the initial install. I'm going to try to get the wiring updated this week, so that I can test out the additional feature and report back.

I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of the latest firmware (Thank you!) and have confirmed that parallel function is now supported for these inverters. Unfortunately, I only have 1 inverter wired up right now since the parallel function was not available when I did the initial install. I'm going to try to get the wiring updated this week, so that I can test out the additional feature and report back.
Was there another update since the firmware update from last month?

Yes, It enables parallel function which I was "promised" when I bought my inverters from GSL. Well, happy to say they have delivered.

Firmware 2.04.11

You're supposed to be able to update through the solarman website, but there are never updates posted there on my update page. GSL is able to push the update if you provide your ID#.

You're supposed to be able to update through the solarman website, but there are never updates posted there on my update page. GSL is able to push the update if you provide your ID#.
So you updated via Solarman? If so how did it go and did it reboot or how do you get or keep the router powered if it's connected to the inverter?

So you updated via Solarman? If so how did it go and did it reboot or how do you get or keep the router powered if it's connected to the inverter?
Never thru Solarman, I have yet to see an update on there. GSL did push an update for me, but it failed because I didn't have grid backup

Back