diy solar

diy solar

Miady 12v 16ah at 0v and not able to take a charge.

I guess I was assuming you were charging the whole battery together. If one of the 4 packs (4S?) is getting warm, I would suspect it’s voltage may be higher than the rest other 3 packs of 8 cells.

And to keep from overcharging the cells and packs, you need to monitor their voltages.

If you were charging at the pack level, at around 3.4V with constant voltage that wouldn’t be an issue if it stopped charging at the target voltage.

You did not really explain how you are charging.

Yes I was charging the whole pack. But now I am charging only 1 pack at 200mA each.

Yes I was charging the whole pack.
I will assume you mean whole battery, charging at 14-ish volts.

Did you measure the packs voltages after charging? The pack voltages, is similar, would give you an idea if all are accepting charge and of similar capacity/health.

You have to be a good BMS and monitor voltages.

200mA is a good gentle charge. What charge voltage are you using?

And in case you did not know, many bench top chargers require setting voltage before connecting to cells/battery.

I will assume you mean whole battery, charging at 14-ish volts.

Did you measure the packs voltages after charging? The pack voltages, is similar, would give you an idea if all are accepting charge and of similar capacity/health.

You have to be a good BMS and monitor voltages.

200mA is a good gentle charge. What charge voltage are you using?

And in case you did not know, many bench top chargers require setting voltage before connecting to cells/battery.
Yes, it was 0mV, 0mV 0.8mV and 14mV
I maxed it at 10v as I will monitor them then do the rated voltage.

Back