Solar Wizard
I wish I was in the market for an inverter
The Midnite Rosie is on sale for $2600 at AltE

Pretty good specs
20kva surge
7 watt idle draw
American made
Supported by the designer and manufacturing company in Washington

Hell, the owner is a member here and unlike the owner of an unnamed vendor/importer, I think this guy is pretty well respected. Pretty good company to support!

I wish I was in the market for an inverter
The Midnite Rosie is on sale for $2600 at AltE

Pretty good specs
20kva surge
7 watt idle draw
American made
Supported by the designer and manufacturing company in Washington

Hell, the owner is a member here and unlike the owner of an unnamed vendor/importer, I think this guy is pretty well respected. Pretty good company to support!
Hello do you need another midnite unit to configure the Inverter?. Like the Schneider needs a separate Insight Gateway to configure, and the Radians needs a mate3 sort of thing?

Last edited:
Hello do you need another midnite unit to configure the Inverter?. Like the Schneider needs a separate Insight Gateway to configure, and the Radians needs a mate3 sort of thing?
At a minimum you'll need the graphics display.

It may be a misunderstanding, but it's not designed to work in Off-grid configuration, correct?

I'm a little hung up on the reports of Midnite equipment requiring an Android device to update nowadays?

I don't need iOS or Mac support but I would rather see at least decent computer based support. I don't have any android devices and I try to keep it that way. I have a windows laptop dedicated to managing my solar equipment.

Edit: Seems like maybe they do have an iOS app on the store now. That's not my preference, I'd rather not have my phone or bluetooth involved at all. But it's better than android only.

Last edited:
Ethernet and browser would be a good interface.
Oh, "Update", so a way to transfer a file, or stuff the code into the device.

At a minimum you'll need the graphics display.

"Note: The Rosie is ideally suited to pair with the Rosie E-Panel and Hawke’s Bay or Barcelona MPPT charge controllers. If using a MidNite Solar Classic Charge Controller with the Rosie, you will need a MidNite Solar Graphics Panel (MNGP2) for system configuration."

I understand this to mean the newer charge controllers integrate the necessary control panel, but if using Classic, you need a separate control panel.

Must resist the temptation.
I'm looking at the time stamps on the posts above. WOW, you guys have a serious solar equipment addiction issue. Maybe we need to form a special group of forum members to provide intervention services. :giggle:
Help, my name is 400. I have a problem...

SAA
Solar addicts anonymous

I'm looking at the time stamps on the posts above. WOW, you guys have a serious solar equipment addiction issue. Maybe we need to form a special group of forum members to provide intervention services. :giggle:
well when one gets old, there are times when one wakes up several times at night and cannot go back to sleep

not saying 400bird has that issue, but I sure do LOL

Sure. Mine can be in the form of a padded power house with all major brand inverters and batteries
Then I can deal with my addiction appropriately

LOL, I work night shifts. Just happened to be browsing the forums at work at the time.

It may be a misunderstanding, but it's not designed to work in Off-grid configuration, correct?
On the contrary, this inverter is more like an offgrid inverter. It doesn‘t sync to the grid and supply power to the main panel to zero out the electric bill. This inverter will supply all loads like an offgrid inverter. the inverter and batteries are worked harder than needed by supplying the high start up amps loads need, Instead of the grid supplying loads start up surges like a grid tie zero export inverter. I‘m assuming if loads exceed this inverters max possible output the inverter will shutdown. It might possibly allow the extra power needed (above inverters max output its supplying) to pass thru the inverter to fully supply the load. But this requires all loads to be powered by this inverter to be moved from the homes main panel to a separate loads panel. Just like an offgrid inverter requires

On the contrary, this inverter is more like an offgrid inverter. It doesn‘t sync to the grid and supply power to the main panel to zero out the electric bill.
It doesn't sync to the grid? Do you have documentation on that? I'm pretty sure it does.
I‘m assuming if loads exceed this inverters max possible output the inverter will shutdown.
I'm pretty sure that's a false assumption. But I'm open to being proven wrong.

It does say it offers peak load shave and self consumption.
I don't see anything about grid sell, so you are right it probably won't cover loads in the main panel. But this is UL1742 listed, I believe that means it is at least grid interactive.

Midnite lists two versions: one for residential use and a mobile version. The difference is in how ot threats neutral and ground. Sure does seem like it's both on or off grid.

Oh that part is interesting, the AC1 contactor to load has no bypass mode, so inverter is always engaged with the load whether AC1 is open or closed. Maybe what @Cheap 4-life was thinking of.

Man I'm so tempted but I already told myself I don't have anymore money for equipment.

Oh that part is interesting, the AC1 contactor to load has no bypass mode, so inverter is always engaged with the load whether AC1 is open or closed. Maybe what @Cheap 4-life was thinking of.
I think that's standard. Output hooked directly to inverter. The logic controls what the inverter does with that connection.
Man I'm so tempted but I already told myself I don't have anymore money for equipment.
Same. I have a perfectly good inverter hanging on the wall. No reason to replace it.

Back