diy solar

diy solar

Mixing EVE and CATL in the same pack

Northernchateau

Solar Enthusiast
I have 8 cell I purchased last year that were sold as 310ah cells. I tested 3 of them and all had over 310ah.
I top balance them and put them in service a few months ago. One cell is not up to the task and when all others are at 3.19 volts that cell takes a nose dive to 2.65 and the BMS shuts the pack output down. I re-top balanced that cell but still no go. The other day I used to QR code and found out that are not 310ah but 302ah CATL cells so I got a hold of Amy @ Docan to see if they had anything in the states. She has 2 EVE 302ah cell in the states but that they do not recommend mixing CATL and EVE cells.
What different between the brand to not make them play nice together?

I have 8 cell I purchased last year that were sold as 310ah cells. I tested 3 of them and all had over 310ah.
I top balance them and put them in service a few months ago. One cell is not up to the task and when all others are at 3.19 volts that cell takes a nose dive to 2.65 and the BMS shuts the pack output down. I re-top balanced that cell but still no go. The other day I used to QR code and found out that are not 310ah but 302ah CATL cells so I got a hold of Amy @ Docan to see if they had anything in the states. She has 2 EVE 302ah cell in the states but that they do not recommend mixing CATL and EVE cells.
What different between the brand to not make them play nice together?
Seeing that nobody replied to you, maybe they are not compatible beacuse the discharge and charge curve are different... and could lead to different voltage level across cells.

Back