diy solar

diy solar

Modified GoPower TS-30

rezonatefreq

Thought I would share a few photos of my truck camper transfer switch. I started with a GoPower TS-30 transfer switch but upgraded it. Not a fan of loose wire connections inside the box as OEM, added a terminal strip. Also added circuits and fusing to keep the converter (battery charger) and refrig (propane) off the inverter when switched to inverter mode. Added two power meters for monitoring. One for gen/city and one for grid. Added indicator lights on box to verify operations. Generally it operates as OEM with delay similar to the prewired GoPower GP TS-30 but two circuits instead of one for refer and converter. Reference attached GP TS-30 wiring diagram. The cost of the TS-30 is less than the cost of purchasing a relay and enclosure separate and much more reasonable than the prewired GP TS-30

Bottom of terminal strip is field for connections top is internal transfer switch wiring. Not shown are fuses on side for the remote meters. Yes, its a tight fit. In a truck camper space is at a premium.

Amazon link to combo volt, amp, hz meters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MXS91Q9/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=AHT82GHCM6PYO&th=1
We will see how long they last.

Also in the system is a Giandel 12v 4000w inverter, TracerAN3210, 340w peak solar, and panel surge protector. Cross my fingers on inverter longevity, but it should never see over 1800w.

Next is assembling the 8ea eve 280Ah lifepo4, 2ea 200a JBD BMS, 6ea 12w heaters, and heat control.

Already swapped the12v/45a convertor in the Progressive Dynamics power control center to one that has a lifepo4 setting.

GP TS-30 wiring.jpg
modded trans sw interior.JPG

modded trans sw exterior1.JPG
Amazon

Back