diy solar

diy solar

MOES BAT-80A-MS Auto Transfer Switch

ruralsocal

Nooby here and WP fanboy. I am looking at the MOES BAT-80A-MS Auto Transfer Switch and I don't see any reviews or builds with this unit yet. There are plenty on the ATS-1100KW 50A but none that I can find on the larger 80A ATS. Has anyone had experience with this ATS?

Nooby here and WP fanboy. I am looking at the MOES BAT-80A-MS Auto Transfer Switch and I don't see any reviews or builds with this unit yet. There are plenty on the ATS-1100KW 50A but none that I can find on the larger 80A ATS. Has anyone had experience with this ATS?
I just noticed this new model and quite interested. I already have the ATS-1100KW and it works good for how it was designed, but it doesn’t have any “smart” technology which is a hinderance for my use case. I’ve only had the ATS-1100KW for about 4+ months, sure wish the BAT-80A-MS would’ve been available as I think I would’ve ordered it instead.
Did you get one of their models and which one?

A side by side between the 3rd and 4th Gen units. Some interesting features not found with the 50 AMP unit.

Attachments

• MOES.jpg
    MOES.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
I just noticed this new model and quite interested. I already have the ATS-1100KW and it works good for how it was designed, but it doesn’t have any “smart” technology which is a hinderance for my use case. I’ve only had the ATS-1100KW for about 4+ months, sure wish the BAT-80A-MS would’ve been available as I think I would’ve ordered it instead.
Did you get one of their models and which one?
I've read reviews on Amazon about these ATS. The vast majority are great reviews, but then there are a few that warn of these ATS frying their inverters or potentially being able to backfeed to the grid. Do you know anything about such warnings? Are they valid? I'm also interested in the BAT-80A model since my utility company won't allow any direct connection of the grid to an inverter without it first passing an inspection. I'm thinking the use of an ATS would get around this requirement.

I've read reviews on Amazon about these ATS. The vast majority are great reviews, but then there are a few that warn of these ATS frying their inverters or potentially being able to backfeed to the grid. Do you know anything about such warnings? Are they valid? I'm also interested in the BAT-80A model since my utility company won't allow any direct connection of the grid to an inverter without it first passing an inspection. I'm thinking the use of an ATS would get around this requirement.
I have been stealing the suns energy for a little more than a year now. I keep my panels below the fence line and the ATS allows me to seamlessly transfer between battery and grid power. My Moes has been in continuous operation for 15 months.

Back