diy solar

diy solar

MOES ATS-11KW Automatic Transfer Switch Questions

ArthurPendragon

I have a couple questions about the MOES ATS I was hoping someone could help me with.

1) How does the master power switch on the top of the case affect operation of the device? Does it just turn off the circuitry that senses voltage and powers the relays, but leaves them in whatever position they're currently in (still allowing electricity to flow), or does it switch them to a default state? Or does it cut power to each circuit and then turn off power?

2) Given the dangers due the lack of mechanical interlock, what safety mechanisms/devices can be used in conjunction this ATS to minimize the risk of a relay becoming unresponsive resulting in the inverter being connected to grid AC?

) Given the dangers due the lack of mechanical interlock, what safety mechanisms/devices can be used in conjunction this ATS to minimize the risk of a relay becoming unresponsive resulting in the inverter being connected to grid AC?
The garbage can.

I have a couple questions about the MOES ATS I was hoping someone could help me with.

1) How does the master power switch on the top of the case affect operation of the device? Does it just turn off the circuitry that senses voltage and powers the relays, but leaves them in whatever position they're currently in (still allowing electricity to flow), or does it switch them to a default state? Or does it cut power to each circuit and then turn off power?

2) Given the dangers due the lack of mechanical interlock, what safety mechanisms/devices can be used in conjunction this ATS to minimize the risk of a relay becoming unresponsive resulting in the inverter being connected to grid AC?
I suggest reading some of the reviews on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/MOES-Controller-Automatic-Transfer-Switch/dp/B07F12RDZ2?th=1

Then read this thread, I guess if you want to have the latest and newest inverters on a regular basis, it should work quite well. Don't be surprised if it does fry your inverter. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/ats-causing-power-surge-inverter-damage.22675/

The garbage can.
Not the least bit helpful - Does anyone have any suggestions for a failsafe you would add to this device on either AC input to reduce the chance of back feeding to the inverter?

I suggest reading some of the reviews on Amazon.
Thanks, before posting I read all the reviews and relevant forum posts mentioning this device.

Besides the fact your admitting it doesn't work safely by asking that question in the first place are you not asking what I should of bought instead of the moes ats?

If you wanting something to protect you then you need a safe ats to protect you from the problematic ats.

Thus buying a good ats and throwing the risky ats away kind of seems to be the only real solution right?

Back