diy solar

diy solar

More solar than I need.

JRR

I just inherited two free 320 watt solar panels. I don't really need more panels. Any idea what I should use them for?

I'm off grid, with a couple different arrays. I have 640 watts going into my rv which I live in, and another 500 watts on the roof which is in shade most of the time. I get a bit of help from those, but not much. I have another 750 watts going into my shop which powers lights, power tools and a small freezer. I have no idea what to do with the new panels. I guess they'd help on cloudy days, but the investment of another 75-100 feet of wire and another controller might not be worth it. Suggestions?

Thanks.

I just inherited two free 320 watt solar panels. I don't really need more panels. Any idea what I should use them for?

I'm off grid, with a couple different arrays. I have 640 watts going into my rv which I live in, and another 500 watts on the roof which is in shade most of the time. I get a bit of help from those, but not much. I have another 750 watts going into my shop which powers lights, power tools and a small freezer. I have no idea what to do with the new panels. I guess they'd help on cloudy days, but the investment of another 75-100 feet of wire and another controller might not be worth it. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Split ac heat pump.....

In summer, approximately half of our solar array is unnecessary, and that bothers me more than it should. This year I'm thinking of building a sand battery to use as a grill that only needs to cook dinner and store enough heat overnight to boil the kettle in the morning.

Thanks.
Bitcoin mining rig 😁

Back