diy solar

diy solar

Morningstar for LFP?

Aphers

Looking for an MPPT SCC for installation on a yacht. Have been offered a used Morningstar Ecoboost for a good price. Would this be a better buy than a EPever for similar money? I'd be using it with a 32v panels, and a DIY LFP battery with most likely an Overkill BMS (if any of that is relevant).
Thanks

Morningstar is an old top tier brand. If the specifications and price are acceptable, it's the better choice. If you're price driven, EPever is a low to mid-range solution.

Morningstar is an old top tier brand. If the specifications and price are acceptable, it's the better choice. If you're price driven, EPever is a low to mid-range solution.

Thanks. Basically I could get a new 60A EPever for the same price as this used 40A Morningstar. I'm installing around 600w of solar so I expect 40A to be sufficient the vast majority of the time when you start looking at real world performance.
The specs I saw on the Morningstar didn't actually mention LFP... I'll need to dig a bit deeper but surely it is configurable to work with that chemistry.

Back