diy solar

diy solar

LFP UPS rack mount options?

justinm001

Solar Addict
Are there any built systems that use LFP and provide UPS backup without loss of power? Any rack mountable 4u or similar size?

Should I consider something like an ecoflow to use as a backup?

I manage a bunch of smaller offices with a few servers and network gear. Most are under 1500w. Everytime I need to buy an APC UPS for $1500 or so I cringe thinking how outdated the lead acid are, plus almost impossible to rack myself. And once installed I get 5-15 minutes runtime. For some installs we end up stacking a couple (even though they say not to) so the servers can go offline but network stays on.

Plus the reliability of APC has just gone downhill. We barely get a few years before we get weird power issues.

I have about 50 APC UPS laying around, maybe I can test just swapping SLA with LFP?

Id love a 2u inverter mount connected to a 4u rack Sok battery. 1kw load 5kwh battery Id be golden. Most power outages are either flickers or under an hour.

I switched to the Lithium APC. I don't know if they're LFP all I care about is they say battery lifespan remaining: 10 years when new. No more battery replacements for me.

LFP is a type of lithium ion battery, but the battery pack module didn't look like prismatic cells so yeah probably not.

Back