diy solar

diy solar

Remote monitoring magnum/morningstar/outback power

yodamota

Solar Enthusiast
So title sums it up. I would like to have something similar to the Victron Connect app interface. I like being able to view my victron app(tiny house system) whenever I feel like it without needing to set anything up.

Is this an option for the house setup? Details in signature
Right now I can monitor the Morningstar charge controller via wifi. The info from it is quite basic and not exactly what i am after. It also requires a router to be connected to it constantly in order to get the info. I connect to it and than run a Virtual Machine to view it thru windows 7( I have a macbook)

Our battery/equipment shed is about 30/40 feet from where we spend time indoors. I don't mind walking outside to the shed a few times a day. however I find I walk out there sometimes 10 times just to see what the system is doing. Id rather look at something inside so I know I can use the induction cooker, etc.

Id like to know what each charge controller is bringing in(watts), Battery voltage, and what the current charge cycle is, along with how long its being in float(for example) Graphs would be nice as well.

Problem is I have no idea what will work for monitoring all of this. Ideal would be over wifi, as I am out of range for most bluetooth.
I contacted Solar assistant and they told me there system will not work with our magnum inverter.

I also am not really wanting to purchase the magnum $$$$$ system to monitor the inverter( https://www.solaronline.ca/product/magnum-energy-magweb-web-monitoring-kit-wireless/ )

I would much rather purchase something than build something with code
Is there anything which will connect the three different manufactures together?

So I still haven't found much of an option. I find I go out to the shed where the solar setup is, at least 15 times a day. I am mostly just curious how its working. Whether or not we hit absorption/float. etc. It doesn't really need my attention but I feel I am wanting to try and optimize it. And in order to optimize it I need to monitor it.

I can see what the Morningstar charge controller is doing by using the web interface thing they have set up. Its a bit clunky and works.

I feel like I need advice in old school monitoring. Would a trimetric work? http://www.wegosolar.com/categories.php?category=Battery-Monitors/Bogart-Engineering-

Back