diy solar

diy solar

Mounting equipment in conex

Bluedog225

Texas
Good evening,

Thought I‘d share this and solicit some ideas. I’ve finished insulating my conex power house. A heck of a lot of work. Air gap, mylar, 2.5” polyiso, 5/8 firegard sheetrock, and intumescent paint. Pretty darn fire resistant. The intumescent paint went on a nice, industrial looking steel gray. It cured pond scum green. ?. No worries.

The shelving is the “industrial“ metal shelves from Costco. I think others like Home Depot carry the same. 8000 lb capacity (2000 per shelf).

And I went ahead and built a double strut cage in the back 10’ of the container so I would have some sturdy attachment points. I’ve got a dual hose Midea portable air conditioner and will vent it out the floor.

You can see the 4 battery rack from currentconnected.com in the bottom left. I just fits under the current shelf. Though I may raise the middle rail to give me more clearance from the top terminals.

I’m trying to figure out the best configuration for my stuff. And good mounting options.

Anyone done something like this? I seem to recall some discussion of mounting equipment on this type shelf.

Batteries on the bottom seems obvious. The rest (the lynx, shunt, Quattro, MPPTs) I guess I can mount on fiberboard covered plywood across the back.

I’m looking for other good examples of how to arrange all this stuff in a way that makes sense. Pics would be great. I would like to make it as compact as practical and use the room for storage/workspace. Space in pretty limited.

Thanks

IMG_8513.jpeg

IMG_0037.png

I mounted a 4ft x 4ft piece of 3/4" plywood using the holes in the legs with some bolts and fender washers. I then screwed a 1/4" thick piece of the concrete board to it. That way it was fire resistant, electrically non-conductive, and that 3/4" plywood will hold up pretty much everything.

Upgrade-2.jpg

One thing I would suggest is getting rid of the krappy wire shelf stuff and cut some 3/4" plywood to drop in there. Much stronger and less wiggle and wobble.

I dunno. Those are pretty stout wires shelves. Been happy with them in other uses. Though running hot wires through them seems a little bold.

diy solar

diy solar
Back