diy solar

diy solar

Mpp lv2424 auto start generator

SeanWatts

I have an mpp solar hv2424, and a Westinghouse igen4500df generator. I remember seeing somewhere that you can wire the lv2424 to start a generator, but I can't find it now.

On the lv2424 there is the plug marked nc c no, and that would be the relay to tell the generator to start once battery voltage gets to the set low voltage.

My question is for anyone that has done this on the Westinghouse igen4500 or similar. It has electric start, auto choke, but I am not sure where to hook the wires coming from the lv2424. My understanding is that you do not need any external controller, you just run two or three wires to the gen, and it starts it when voltage is low, and shuts it off when it reaches the shut off voltage.

Have any of you been successful at this?

I'm not sure this is exactly for your model, but is pretty common to many MPP inverters:
SmartSelect_20221021-123009_Samsung Notes.jpg

However, I'm not too familiar with generators, but from the user's manual, it doesn't seem like it has any provision for using an external relay.
You might be able to tap into the start/stop button, or maybe the remote fob, if you have one.

Back