diy solar

diy solar

Video Request

Fred

Hey Will. Here is a video request for your consideration.
Off grid 48v system capable of autostarting a backup generator to recharge when bank is low. I wonder if there are any all in one systems capable of controlling a generator? My winco standby generator has a two wire auto start feature which allows autostart by just connecting two low voltage wires.

I use the generator start/stop feature of my Victron inverters to turn my grid connection on/off.
On the cerbogx not the inverter but its amazing to use for generators because it has an option to start the generator if it hasn't been ran in x days then reports failure. Also I believe it has a min and max runtime which is key for larger generators.

I have mine setup but just haven't ran the 2 wires to my 20kw genny in my RV.

On the cerbogx not the inverter but its amazing to use for generators because it has an option to start the generator if it hasn't been ran in x days then reports failure. Also I believe it has a min and max runtime which is key for larger generators.

I have mine setup but just haven't ran the 2 wires to my 20kw genny in my RV.
Correct, using the cerbo, but I believe it can be done using just the inverter, it doesn't give you as much flexibility and options.

Correct, using the cerbo, but I believe it can be done using just the inverter, it doesn't give you as much flexibility and options.
You're right they have a whole generator assistant.

BTW the inverter options for assistants seem to be OR and not AND so you can't really stack options... I'm planning on working on this now. Have it so when 80% it turns off shore then back on at 70% like your assistant option but want to add a manual switch to the aux but its just ignoring it.

Sometimes I might leave for an all day event and would like to have 100% battery charged but normally it doesn't matter. I'm tempted to dig into node red but seems overkill.

1709048506580.png

Back