diy solar

diy solar

mpp lv6048 and watchpower issues

NwCali

Solar Enthusiast
Finally got my solar up and trying to connect to the lv6048 and watch power doesn't seem to connect.

I'm using the rj to usb connector, it shows up on the laptop as com3 with no warnings. I logged into watchpower as Admin.

Am I missing something?

Figured it out, used the printer to USB instead of the RJ to USB connection....

Watchpower is the worst program ever written imho. If you like it great if you need an alternative Look up solar assistant. Its not free but worth the 50 bucks

Thanks, but it was the connection and not the program.

I've read about chargers/all in ones that are like the lv6048 where the fan runs all the time (even if no load is on it).... It seems they prefer "longevity" if the product over not wasting watts. I have mixed thoughts on it as I assume it can be done without fans (no load conditions) and that either its more expensive or beyond their abilities/desire.

One day when I have more time/will I'll have to research ones that don't. As they are in places that can benefit from air movement (that I assume has a little "heat") its not a huge thing to me...

I'll check out "solar assistant". Hopefully it has some graphs. :)

I think the LV6048 has a power saving mode, but I'm not sure how well it works. I've heard that some inverters that have that kind of feature poll to check for loads and and that they don't always have it set to check both 120 volt legs, so it seems to not work if you turn something on and it's not on the monitored leg

Thanks, but it was the connection and not the program.

I've read about chargers/all in ones that are like the lv6048 where the fan runs all the time (even if no load is on it).... It seems they prefer "longevity" if the product over not wasting watts. I have mixed thoughts on it as I assume it can be done without fans (no load conditions) and that either its more expensive or beyond their abilities/desire.

One day when I have more time/will I'll have to research ones that don't. As they are in places that can benefit from air movement (that I assume has a little "heat") its not a huge thing to me...

I'll check out "solar assistant". Hopefully it has some graphs. :)
Quite a few actually

Do you have a link? I've yet to find one...somehow.

Some example charts shown:

It's these features however that have me with my trigger finger ready to buy once I verify a couple of things:

Some example charts shown:

It's these features however that have me with my trigger finger ready to buy once I verify a couple of things:
I have yet to use the power management features but it connected with the Victron smart shunt right off the batt.

Back