diy solar

diy solar

Watchpower completely sucks

ccane

I basically just wasted 100 bucks for a wifi module that's worthless. Trying to connect to an LV6048 but having no luck. Watchpower app won't even find my wifi network. Enter it manually but no avail. 2.4 network...it'll show connected to the net, but not the inverter or server. Anyone know of a place to get support? I've watched the video read both manuals (mpp and watch) have even tried a few other apps. Nothing works

I too have had no luck with that App. Same as you.. same issue. I'm going to have to call Sig Solar and go on hold to get help. Another idea is using a Raspberry Pi unit. But I've had lots of experence with those as I have 4 of them and I'm always fighting the software updates. One gets a program working then along comes an upgrade to the OS and Bang!.. no more workie. I noticed my WatchPower hasn't been upgraded for 2 years! If I remember right.

Agree about wishing for better software / remote access!

I have an MPP Solar 3048LV in the trailer and a trailer tablet USB'ed into watchpower. The tablet is house WiFi connected and I use Remote Desktop for remote access while the trailer is docked.
1674494719197.png

You can also try MultiSIBControl, free software, from www.multisibcontrol.net, which shows much more information at one time than Solar Assistant. Is there no way you can get a USB lead from your inverter to your PC? I have two 5m USB extension cables from mine, and they work fine.s21m.jpg

You can also try MultiSIBControl, free software, from www.multisibcontrol.net, which shows much more information at one time than Solar Assistant. Is there no way you can get a USB lead from your inverter to your PC? I have two 5m USB extension cables from mine, and they work fine.

You can also try MultiSIBControl, free software, from www.multisibcontrol.net, which shows much more information at one time than Solar Assistant. Is there no way you can get a USB lead from your inverter to your PC? I have two 5m USB extension cables from mine, and they work fine.View attachment 131613
Yes I can get a usb to a laptop. I was just hoping for something I could just use off a phone

I was just hoping for something I could just use off a phone
I gave up on getting watchpower /solarpower to work. I was able to connect locally, unreliably, but I never got wifi to work even if I gave it a connection to the interwebs so it could phone home to China...
I purchased solar assistant since I already had a pi laying around and have no regrets.
The free software above looks nice but I think it's only for viewing locally.

Yes, MultiSIBControl is only viewable on the PC it's running on, Solar Assistant's huge advantage is that you can log into it from anywhere that has a web browser.

I downloaded multisibcontrol and it works great on my Voltronik but says Pylontec stopped, why?
my axpert4 vmindisplays the SOC from pylon BMS so the connection seems to work

Why did multisibcontrol suddenly stop "seeing" my AIO unit? It's like the USB (via RS232 cable) isn't working.

The bottom status line says that the inverter connection stopped and also says pylon connection stopped.

Any ideas? WatchPower had stopped working yesterday so I installed this app on two different windows computers.

TIA,
tsp

Back