diy solar

diy solar

MPP LVX6048WP Fault F32

KTime49

New to the forum, and new to solar, but so far this inverter has been driving me nuts. As the title suggests, fault 32 is coming on at start up and will not clear, even once restarting. Manual describes F32 as DC/DC over current. Battery voltage and PV voltage seem fine. All connections appear to be good, and were working fine up to this point. Anybody have a similar issue, or any ideas on where to start? Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
If you could post some photos of your setup and maybe provide some more information, such as your PV and battery configuration, that would help.

New to the forum, and new to solar, but so far this inverter has been driving me nuts. As the title suggests, fault 32 is coming on at start up and will not clear, even once restarting. Manual describes F32 as DC/DC over current. Battery voltage and PV voltage seem fine. All connections appear to be good, and were working fine up to this point. Anybody have a similar issue, or any ideas on where to start? Thanks
You have to press and hold the enter button (the arrow button on the right) t so that the unit can start inverting to stay on(You will see the word "output" on the screen. Another stupid thing with this unit is that it is set at the factory default to be grid tied: If it does not detect the grid for a while it will give you the same or a similar error and shut down, so you have to make sure to install the solar power software to you pc an have it hooked up to the unit to switch it over to off grid, otherwise it will shut off again.

Last edited:
You have to press and hold the enter button (the arrow button on the right) t so that the can start inverting to stay on(You will see the word "output" on the screen. Another stupid thing with this unit is that it is Set at the factory default to be grid tied, after it does not detect the grid for a while it will give you the same or a similar error and shut down, so you have to make sure to install the solar power software to you pc an have it hooked up to the unit to switch it over to off grid, otherwise it will shut off again.
Hey @koppted, im also trying to get my LVX6048WP setup. So when the grid goes down the inverter wont stay running and power the loads running through it?

Hey @koppted, im also trying to get my LVX6048WP setup. So when the grid goes down the inverter wont stay running and power the loads running through it?
I'm sorry not sure what you are wanting.
Are you saying that
a. When the grid goes down, the inverter stays running, but you don't actually want it to run?
b. That when the grid goes down the inverter turns off but you actually want it to run by powering loads through solar/battery?

I'm sorry not sure what you are wanting.
Are you saying that
a. When the grid goes down, the inverter stays running, but you don't actually want it to run?
b. That when the grid goes down the inverter turns off but you actually want it to run by powering loads through solar/battery?
Sorry if my comment was confusing. Scenario B you're describing is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry if my comment was confusing. Scenario B you're describing is exactly what I'm looking for.
Ok thanks for clarifying.
If you put it in off-grid mode I think that would be your best bet:
In off grid mode, the Unit can still pull from utility power to charge your battery or run your loads, but then when you grid goes down it will still invert like normal. I know this because I've ran a generator on the grid input while in off-grid mode) The generator would sometimes "pitch" in when solar was not enough to either charge the battery or help with loads, an when I turned the generator off it will still invert like normal. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I should have been more clear from the start. I installed this system back in the fall, it was supposed to run a residential construction site for the time being, and eventually get expanded to run the house when it was done. Current set up is LVX6048WP, 2x jakiper 5kw batteries, and 8x jinko 455w panels.

When I did the initial set up I did change the settings on the inverter to off grid. I would post all my other settings as well, but now that f32 is stuck on it won’t display them on the inverter. I’ll bring the computer today, just to see if maybe it changed some settings on its own, I believe it has done that in the past.

Ok thanks for clarifying.
If you put it in off-grid mode I think that would be your best bet:
In off grid mode, the Unit can still pull from utility power to charge your battery or run your loads, but then when you grid goes down it will still invert like normal. I know this because I've ran a generator on the grid input while in off-grid mode) The generator would sometimes "pitch" in when solar was not enough to either charge the battery or help with loads, an when I turned the generator off it will still invert like normal. Hope that makes sense.

I figured out what I was looking for. Leaving the Operation Mode as "Grid-tie with backup", when in grid down mode I needed to switch loads on by holding Enter/ON for 3 seconds, this is indicated with the AC Output figure. Then my loads stayed powered by my batteries, and subsequent times I hit the breaker for the grid connection the Loads stayed power, seems to remember the state. This needs to be done within a minute of the grid going down or the inverter shuts off.

Just an FYI, the reverse can be done with the ESC/OFF button. And if I left the loads off and the grid down the inverter would shut off in a minute or so. The only way ive found to turn the inverter off so far.

Screenshot from 2023-01-23 10-34-38.png

Now that I know that it seems to be working flawlessly.

Me too, please help. I sent this back to Ian Watts247 and it has the same issue when he returned it to me. I assume it is a battery issue, so I removed my BMS, but still get the same issue.

I’m still waiting for an answer from my supplier. Mpp just referred me back to them for now. Is your bms communicating with the inverter? I haven’t been able to get the jakiper batteries to communicate yet, so I don’t think that would be my issue

No communication inverter<->BMS. I even removed the BMS thinking it might be faulty. My unit works on utility and solar, but as soon as you hook the battery I get the fault.

I’m still waiting for an answer from my supplier. Mpp just referred me back to them for now. Is your bms communicating with the inverter? I haven’t been able to get the jakiper batteries to communicate yet, so I don’t think that would be my issue
It is a waste of time. SOK has done the best in terms of documenting how to get your unit to communicate with their batteries. But still there are problems. Once I get that done it is able to communicate, but It stops charging at a set point that has nothing to do with the setpoint of the actualy BMS. I'm really not faulting anyone for this, there is just no communication standard here or worldwide so all of this is a shot in the dark. I just set my Battery on The LVX to USE and just manually choose my own settings.

For anyone still having issues with this unit, just wanted to post my progress.

After a few weeks communcating with MPP in Taiwan, they decided to warranty my main board. I had to pay the shipping and duty to get it to Ontario, Canada. I installed it a couple days ago, and have tested it for a short period, everything appears to be working, time will tell if this is a permenant fix. I have little to no knowledge of electronics, but even I can tell that there are significant differences. Perhaps there are some hardware issues that MPP knows about. I will try to post some pictures if anyone can shed some light on what these updates may be.

For anyone still having issues with this unit, just wanted to post my progress.

After a few weeks communcating with MPP in Taiwan, they decided to warranty my main board. I had to pay the shipping and duty to get it to Ontario, Canada. I installed it a couple days ago, and have tested it for a short period, everything appears to be working, time will tell if this is a permenant fix. I have little to no knowledge of electronics, but even I can tell that there are significant differences. Perhaps there are some hardware issues that MPP knows about. I will try to post some pictures if anyone can shed some light on what these updates may be.
Hi KTime49,

One of my inverters started faulting on F32 today. Is your inverter still working ok since you replaced that board?

Back