diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV6548 3-phase input power

@Zwy Thanks for that link, will check it out! It's a small milling machine. Label on it says the following:
Current: 50amps
Volts: 220V
Hertz: 60
Phase: 3

@Zwy Thanks for that link, will check it out! It's a small milling machine. Label on it says the following:
Current: 50amps
Volts: 220V
Hertz: 60
Phase: 3
You could use a spinner pilot motor. Usually you can find a cheap 3 phase motor bigger than what you have on the machine by 1.5 times. You use another split phase motor to spin the 3 phase motor, the 3 phase will generate the wild leg.

is it possible to have a 2-phase system charge a shared battery rack?

Attachments

• 3-phase Power system.jpg
    3-phase Power system.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 5
Was watching a video Ian of Watts247 had put out and you can set one LV6548 to 208V, the wild leg for 3 phase.

Buying 5 LV6548's wouldn't be cheap. I think you might get by with 3, run off PV and battery. If you want grid charging capability, buy a AC to DC charger (although larger ones aren't cheap either). I don't know if what you propose would work, it might. Just remember the overhead per LV6548 is around 60 to 65W at idle, so 5 units x 60 is 300w x 24 hours would be 7200w you need to generate just to keep the units running in an idle capacity. You could turn some off such as the 3 to generate 3 phase power when you don't need it.

Personally, I'd try it with just 3 units as you will probably want 3 phase power off grid eventually to be permanent.

diy solar

diy solar
Back