diy solar

diy solar

MPP SOLAR LVX-6048 not charging off of utility power

Hi ! For the setup : LVX6048 as all-in-one inverter, Jakiper 48v100 x 4, and a Grizzly (Honda) Sgb5500hx generator of 5500w. However I was not set to sub as you mentioned. So I did the change and will see next time I use the generator if It does the trick. Also I have no time schedule set nor any clock time of any kind entered in the inverter. Thanks for your reply.
No problem. I've been happy with mine, especially after adding solar assistant.

Hi ! I finally used the generator with the new settings, but unfortunately as soon as I switch to ''sub'', the charger of the Lvx6048 stop charging. So far the only way I have found out to charge the batteries is to switch the inverter to ''stanby mode''. I think there is others modes that allow charging, but I never achieve to toggle to.

Hi ! I finally used the generator with the new settings, but unfortunately as soon as I switch to ''sub'', the charger of the Lvx6048 stop charging. So far the only way I have found out to charge the batteries is to switch the inverter to ''stanby mode''. I think there is others modes that allow charging, but I never achieve to toggle to.
Do you have charging set to solar and utility or solar first?
Did you change the voltage input range?
I can't remember the setting numbers but I needed to change those as well to allow ac charging from gen in sub. Also make sure you don't have a timer set that is only allowing AC charging at a certain time.

Do you have charging set to solar and utility or solar first?
Did you change the voltage input range?
I can't remember the setting numbers but I needed to change those as well to allow ac charging from gen in sub. Also make sure you don't have a timer set that is only allowing AC charging at a certain time.

Hi 4!
Yes, i had tried several orders of priorities with other combination settings.
*** Did you change the voltage input range? *** Can you specify a little more please?
-I dont have a generator yet., but thanks for the tip.
Timers are set to 0.00 no timers set.

Is it supposed the utility/grid be connected at all times? (O) ----------------x----------(@)
I havent been able to idle it from powering the house or charging the battery.

Thank You

Hi 4!
Yes, i had tried several orders of priorities with other combination settings.
*** Did you change the voltage input range? *** Can you specify a little more please?
-I dont have a generator yet., but thanks for the tip.
The setting for APL or UTI.
Don't remember the number and to lazy to look it up.
Timers are set to 0.00 no timers set.

Is it supposed the utility/grid be connected at all times? (O) ----------------x----------(@)
I havent been able to idle it from powering the house or charging the battery.
No, I had my grid breaker turned off for about 6 months when I ran mine... No issues running from solar and batteries only.
Thank You
You're welcome.

The setting for APL or UTI.
Don't remember the number and to lazy to look it up.

No, I had my grid breaker turned off for about 6 months when I ran mine... No issues running from solar and batteries only.

You're welcome.
oh okay !
I have APL also i tried with UTL as well, no difference.

I guess then its a matter of installing an https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JyEAAOSw24hi7gaw/s-l1600.webp timer or something else to allow Utility entering to the inverter without this issues ( Keep 01 SUB ) or something like that. I will wait for the main-board to get here, test and post results.

Thank You 4! Appreciated !

oh okay !
I have APL also i tried with UTL as well, no difference.

I guess then its a matter of installing an https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JyEAAOSw24hi7gaw/s-l1600.webp timer or something else to allow Utility entering to the inverter without this issues ( Keep 01 SUB ) or something like that. I will wait for the main-board to get here, test and post results.

Thank You 4! Appreciated !
I guess that timer would be a workaround but if components are bad I would replace them. Mine worked well before I upgraded to a larger capacity

I guess that timer would be a workaround but if components are bad I would replace them. Mine worked well before I upgraded to a larger capacity
oh ! super ! i do hope mine does when main board gets replaced as soon i get it... i already paid for another used one, for spare purposes, i have not complaints the way it works at all, only the utility issue when shows up and in 01 SBU.....
Will keep it posted !

Thank you 420hmsPS !

Im going to try the Factory reset now, that i manage to fix the usb-to-serial (new one)
will return with results.

Im going to try the Factory reset now, that i manage to fix the usb-to-serial (new one)
will return with results.
Just done with the Factory Reset, question, does the values stays the same after that? cause i follow all the instructions, but check the values after that, and also restarted the inverter and values still the same... I tested the situation again, and same outcome stayed. I guess is matter of replacing the main board. and see as well.

New Main Board just came in.... Will install it this weekend and re-post findings.

Back