diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

FIXED! Not afraid to eat crow.... MPP engineer asked me to interchange L1 & L2.... I scoffed, but did it anyway. Immediate acceptance of grid power!... Now I thought I had a handle on electrical theory, I know phase rotation is a thing with at least 3 phases... but I was sure 2 phases was just oscillation, no 'rotation'. So much for what I thought, I'll take the result! ?

FIXED! Not afraid to eat crow.... MPP engineer asked me to interchange L1 & L2.... I scoffed, but did it anyway. Immediate acceptance of grid power!... Now I thought I had a handle on electrical theory, I know phase rotation is a thing with at least 3 phases... but I was sure 2 phases was just oscillation, no 'rotation'. So much for what I thought, I'll take the result! ?
So L1 and L2 of the input was out of phase with your output connections?

I wonder if I has something to do with the fact that the one way the lines are 240 degrees out of sync and the other way they are only 120 degrees out.

Attachments

• main-qimg-2f31a53faedb8d74d956f2450b01441d.jpg
    main-qimg-2f31a53faedb8d74d956f2450b01441d.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
I wonder if I has something to do with the fact that the one way the lines are 240 degrees out of sync and the other way they are only 120 degrees out.
its still only 120 degrees away from the other leg, just in the other direction, and since its alternating, what does it matter which is 'leading'?..... honestly it escapes me, I'm too old to break open electrical theory books anymore..

its still only 120 degrees away from the other leg, just in the other direction, and since its alternating, what does it matter which is 'leading'?..... honestly it escapes me, I'm too old to break open electrical theory books anymore..
It's probably a inverter design or software issue. Were the one leg needs to lead the other. But at least you have your solution ?

I'm young, and I like theory ?

Good one, I'll remember it. (y)

I'm sure the LVX6048 could handle a longer surge if MPP Solar was willing to write new firmware for it
Trying to avoid creating a new thread. Can anyone help with how the current sharing tabs are supposed to work. I know where the wires go but don't know how they are supposed to be locked in by the connectors.
current sharing.jpg

I've tried pulling on, and also pushing down those square tabs, but nothing works and I don't want to break it, could someone help with this?

Trying to avoid creating a new thread. Can anyone help with how the current sharing tabs are supposed to work. I know where the wires go but don't know how they are supposed to be locked in by the connectors.
View attachment 96259

I've tried pulling on, and also pushing down those square tabs, but nothing works and I don't want to break it, could someone help with this?

I don't have this unit but the terminal block looks like it is a spring pinch connector

Please explain the mechanism, before I need to use it and break something :)
LOL, You just actually have to push the tab inward. It was wierd, for the past 2 days I've been looking this thing. Trying to push it down, or pull it out. After shot428 posted that link i just looked for a video on spring clamp connectors, and even though there were no vids on this particular connector, the video I see had similar "push in" tabs.

The LVX6048 data sheet might be incorrect, while I had a quote from Peggy Hung and when I wanted to place my order she increased the shipping fee because of a higher weight.
Quote: A G. W of LVX 6048 is 36kg, and it’s net weight is 33kg
Who is Peggy hung?

Good to know because at some point I will write to her and ask for a list of recommended spares for this unit.
If anyone already has that list, please post it.
Thanks

Good to know because at some point I will write to her and ask for a list of recommended spares for this unit.
If anyone already has that list, please post it.
Thanks
Fans and fuses.

Is the software of the LVX6048 from MPP same as the Infini WP LV 6048? Just bought today one WP LV6048 from Infini.

Back