diy solar

diy solar

MPPT not providing max power, unbalanced with pair

zzed_41

Hello! I am running a PV system with 2 inverters and 2 MPPT's in one system (Kinergier CK 8.0s and Kinergier SP 250-100). My issue is one of the MPPT's always levels off in terms of voltage, and is proving only about 60% of the power of the other MPPT. Solar arrays are beside each other on the same roof so solar exposure should be similar. Any ideas?

1712121067455.png

this happened to me some time back, where one of the victron mppt controller would stop charging at around midday yet the friend is actively pumping amps. first i thought it was overheating/ derating but i checked the temperature which below 30deg c. so i climbed my roof to check the array only to find a loose mc4 connection, i fixed it and its been working fine since.

Looks like it was some loose connections on the junctions going down to the MPPT, combined with a faulty breaker that was not tripping but was not letting all the juices go through for some reason.

Think it is rectified now but we will see tomorrow morning when the sun is at peak and batteries are depleted.

Thanks all!

Back