diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus- make it not charge batteries?

My thinking is that you're closer to understanding what I want to do. Now, I'm running the Rsp Pi and fiddled a bit with the Generator start and stop function but was too scared to try it for fear of seeing smoke pour from the Multi.

In truth, I've been watching VRM-ALL-DAY-LONG every few seconds (no, I'm not kidding) and then changing from Inverting to "On" when the loads increase to a wattage that'll drain the batteries faster than I want.

More panels and batteries would be a good investment for your mental health. ?

The result;

Today I configured the Multi for "Prioritize other energy sources"

It does exactly what I wanted- stops charging the batteries when set to "On" in VRM.

'Was very much worried of blowing the Multi and myself to smithereans by changing the settings using VE Configure.

Man, I wish someone would write a manual on how to use the Multiplus(s) for the average user. There's a lot to that device that needs to be learned and presented. Getting instructions from show-off clods on Youtube is no way to do it.

The result;

Today I configured the Multi for "Prioritize other energy sources"

It does exactly what I wanted- stops charging the batteries when set to "On" in VRM.

'Was very much worried of blowing the Multi and myself to smithereans by changing the settings using VE Configure.

Man, I wish someone would write a manual on how to use the Multiplus(s) for the average user. There's a lot to that device that needs to be learned and presented. Getting instructions from show-off clods on Youtube is no way to do it.

Tinker. You can't mess it up. Just "factory settings" if something happens you don't like.

Back