diy solar

diy solar

My setup idea - feedback pls

luisfcosta

Greetings from Mill Valley, CA.
I bought a 6kw solar panel kit from GoGreen Solar a while ago and it's running as it should. Btw, I would recommend those guys: they deliver material + permit docs, you only have to do the work yourself. I have 15 panels + micro-inverters.
With solar production, I am getting enough to cover & sell back during the day. I also have 16 x 3.3kw 24v BYD batteries ready to build a 48V battery pack big enough to cover the house loads for 2+ days without sun. With the right setup I hope to use the same battery to power (almost) all the house load when solar production is low/0. Almost = except EV charging.
We have recently moved from gas furnace/stove/oven to heat pump furnace/dryer + electric stove/oven. Using these when producing with solar, consumption is offset from the grid. Also while EV charging during the day I can offset half of the full power charge.
My next steps:
- Buy & install a SolArk 12K + 48V battery pack
- Build a Critical Loads Panel with an ATS (Solar/Grid)
- Move the car charger from a sub-panel to the Main Service Panel (I can't power it with the SolArk)
My wishes/wants:
1) Be grid tied
2) Power loads with battery when grid is down or solar is not producing enough (~ net 0)
3) Charge car with solar production (limited charging or partial load offset)
4) Do not spend more time/money than I have to
5) Add a few more solar panels

What I have questions:
- Can I split/splice the solar to feed the SolArk and the Main Service Panel at the same time? (ie, replace the Automatic Transfer Switch 1 with a junction box)
- Is there a Critical Loads Panel brand/setup you would recommend
- Can I control Automatic Transfer Switch 2 with SolArk
- Your thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your time!

This is my current setup:
1653953341738.png

And this is my idea for future setup:

1653953367335.png

Solar production vs consumption. I have a 0.75kw baseline
1653954386437.png
Some metrics:
1653954484038.png