diy solar

diy solar

Natural convection (fanless) 3000W and under inverter that works on US 110V-120V power?

brbl2934

I was looking at Solis and Goodwe fanless inverters that are 3000W or less, but they all seem to be for other countries power supply because they output 220V-230V.

https://www.solisinverters.com/in/1p_inverter1/11069.html.

Any small inverters like this that work on the US power system?

I was looking at Solis and Goodwe fanless inverters
LOL... like my "Fanless design, long lifespan" Solis which has 2 fans inside? ;)

1702030407638-png.181700
img_20230205_184157-jpg.133773

(see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/solis-s5-various-issues.52383/post-701914 for an internal breakdown)

How often does fan go on?

And how bad is the hum/buzz noise (this noise is not from fan)?

see my posting here..

see my posting here..

DC discharging, does this mean like using the EG4 hybrid mini split on solar only mode? (EDIT: I just realized this doesn't make sense. I was thinking that the hybrid mini splits do DC discharge by drawing DC from the battery, which is not the case. They draw current directly from the panels)

Also, can you work around the 40 amp thing by wiring the solar panels in series so the voltage goes higher and the amps stay low? I have a feeling that it doesn't matter and the wattage level is what determines how much fan will be used.

Below is what you wrote in that thread:
"
Good grief, yes ?. Though the fans only kick in when DC charging or discharging of battery above about 40A. Mine are in a garage - I had been using a 3.6kW RHI 5G version for 15 months, which would make a buzzy but somewhat gentle whir. Now I also have a newer EH1P 6kW 5G Solis, which makes a more distinct whir, again when charging or discharging of battery above about 40A. You wouldn't want them indoors.

For just PV to AC conversion they seem silent."

Last edited:
Also, can you work around the 40 amp thing by wiring the solar panels in series so the voltage goes higher and the amps stay low? I have a feeling that it doesn't matter and the wattage level is what determines how much fan will be used.

Solar generation is not an issue - "the fans only kick in when DC charging or discharging of battery above about 40A", being a hybrid inverter. They don't kick from PV to AC generation.

diy solar

diy solar
Back