diy solar

diy solar

NE Solar 370W solar panel review

If these things were valuable, they would be crated. Things we make in a 19" rack get strapped to pallet, wrapped, boxed with plywood.
I guess pallets alone is cheaper. Any idea how pallets are secured inside cargo containers?

If I was the carrier, I'd charge different price for exposed panels on a pallet vs. crated.

I got lucky that only 2 were damaged. I ordered 2 extra just in case this would happen. So it worked out fine.

Panels arrived. 2 out of 18 damaged. Will do some testing after I clean up the mess. Damage claim reported to Signature Solar.
I'm not entirely sure.. cuz.. it could buff out.. But, I'd say that is 100% forklift operator. lol

Hopefully SS will figure out a way to ship 2 panels, or reimburse if you don't need them

Hopefully SS will figure out a way to ship 2 panels, or reimburse if you don't need them
I ordered 2 extra so no need for replacement. Reimbursement would be fine. Signature specifically ask to order extras for this reason.

Now don't drop any of the remaining 16 while installing, you hear?
Your spares got used up by the carrier, will shipment of replacements be on you?

I ordered 2 extra so no need for replacement. Reimbursement would be fine. Signature specifically ask to order extras for this reason.

12.5% extra sales for them. What a racket.
(but I'm sure you'll find use. Especially if you're still doing low voltage array.)

I plan to do microinverters and 2 rows of 8 or 7. Can reconfigure array into 2 x 8S strings for 274V in the future if I decide to ditch the micros.

Any reason to go with microinverters? Is this rooftop, so you're avoiding RSD?
String inverters are more economical, more efficient, easy to service.
They can also be over-paneled the desired amount with nSmP array configuration, including strings of different orientations for more hours utilization.
If a hybrid, you get backup without separate battery inverter.

(btw, I've just heard that with firmware update, IQ8 is successfully AC coupling.)

Is this rooftop, so you're avoiding RSD?
Exactly. Cheaper to go with single string of 16 micros on 20A breaker. No combiner and no Envoy box. Direct into meter panel via simple disconnect switch. And can use PVC conduit in the attic instead of metal.

Last edited:
Panels arrived. 2 out of 18 damaged. Will do some testing after I clean up the mess. Damage claim reported to Signature Solar.
Hi @AntronX I'm so sorry this has happened! It's great you've already filed a claim. If you have any issues, questions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com and I'll do all I can to help :)

So I took a close look at tab wires of these panels and a lot of them appear not soldered to the cells. I don't have good macro lens for my camera to really show it well but by eye I can see that every cell has dry tab wires without solder. What do you guys think? Could these panels be rejects that were auctioned off for cheap because of this and Inxeption sold it to us?
P1020047m.JPG

Last edited:
Do they connect to adjacent busbar, but not to other (cut) cell?

I see skinny lines to the busbars, and gap/skip between cells. Could this be anti-reflective coating causing part of the image to disappear as you photograph?

For comparison here is Solarever 360W panel. Note how most pads have solder balls.
P1020051m.JPG

Last edited:
I see skinny lines to the busbars, and gap/skip between cells. Could this be anti-reflective coating causing part of the image to disappear as you photograph?
Anti reflective coating does make the lines look wavy but it does not obscure the missing solder balls on tab wire. Here is NE Solar image below. Arrows point to cell solder pads where solder balls supposed to be.
ne-solar.JPG

And here below is Solarever panel. Note the full solder balls making contact with cell and tab wire:
solarever.JPG

Mine look the same, I just checked one in the garage when I got home from work.
So far they are working great. I have seen 5500w from 12 of them multiple times, my mppt is rated for 5500w...

Attachments

• IMG_20240110_161302.jpg
    IMG_20240110_161302.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240110_161329.jpg
    IMG_20240110_161329.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 8
Yep I can also see missing solder on your panels. I have not had a chance to test them yet in full sun. My concern is these cells will develop hot spots around tab wires that are actually soldered. Wost case can lead to HV arcing and a fire if for example there is one cell that has all tab wire points not soldered well. I am concerned that Inxeption has duped us all :(

Back