diy solar

diy solar

Need help setting up Eitai Lithium battery with Growatt inverter

maro25

I am trying to connect an Eitai Lithium battery to Growatt 5000 es inverter and set it up as a lithium battery. I have succeeded setting by putting setting 5 as Li and setting 36 as 01. After that, the SOC % appears correctly and all voltage settings for the battery change from voltage to %.

The problem i am having is that after some random time (1, 2 or 3 days), the battery BMS starts to behave in a weird way and I get high voltage warning/error on the inverter and eventually the battery BMS disconnects and the inverter shuts down for a while.
Anything wrong I am doing?

My battery is this one:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/EITAI-Fast-Delivery-48v-200ah-Lifepo4_10000006627028.html

This is the datasheet of the battery (I have the ELESHELL 10.2K):battery datasheet.jpg

I have the same batteries coming to use with a different Growatt inverter SPF 12000T. The manual for this inverter says that you can only use the LI battery mode if you are connected to the BMS via the communication port, and that there are 5 protocols available (however they are undocumented).

I assumed I could use the "User Defined" battery option instead of the "LI" option. With user defined you can set the charge voltage and the DC low voltage cut off manually. I guess the BMS can handle a steady charge voltage because it manages the charge?

Hope to hear from others more experienced with it.

I thought to reply to this thread because I was able to solve the problem and maybe someone will benefit from this.
To connect this battery to Growatt inverter, one needs to put protocol (setting 36) as 51.
This will make the battery work perfectly.

I am trying to connect an Eitai Lithium battery to Growatt 5000 es inverter and set it up as a lithium battery. I have succeeded setting by putting setting 5 as Li and setting 36 as 01. After that, the SOC % appears correctly and all voltage settings for the battery change from voltage to %.

The problem i am having is that after some random time (1, 2 or 3 days), the battery BMS starts to behave in a weird way and I get high voltage warning/error on the inverter and eventually the battery BMS disconnects and the inverter shuts down for a while.
Anything wrong I am doing?

My battery is this one:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/EITAI-Fast-Delivery-48v-200ah-Lifepo4_10000006627028.html

This is the datasheet of the battery (I have the ELESHELL 10.2K):View attachment 100087
BMS Communication:

1. Connect the end of RJ45 of battery to BMS communication port of inverter.

2. The other end of RJ45 insert to battery communication

port (RS-485-1)

3. Set the Eitai battery ADDR to binary 1111 or SW (1,2,3,4 – ON)

4. Set the Inverter battery type to “LI” in Program 5
When the battery type set as “LI”, the Maximum charge current can't be modified by the user.
5. Then the LCD will switch to Program 36, which is to set the protocol type.

6. Set it to Protocol 51 (L51).

Base on the manual the correct set up is Ptrl 1 that is use for addressing of bms commination from the battery to the inverter. But I experienced sudden inverter shutdown and sudden SOC drop. But I tried to switch it to protocol 51 so far no sudden shutdown encountered as previous set up. Setting the setting 5 which is the Li (lithium) will work better on protocol 51 when using Eitai battery. I believe this is the correct addressing of the Inverter - to - battery bms communication.

Hello , how can i connect two etai 10.2 kw batteries in parallel ?
What address should i use

I thought to reply to this thread because I was able to solve the problem and maybe someone will benefit from this.
To connect this battery to Growatt inverter, one needs to put protocol (setting 36) as 51.
How do I set 36 as 51? I have the same batteries but have been struggling to get them recognised by the inverter

Hi Maro25,

I came across your post about your solar system setup with the ELESHELL 10.2K, and it caught my attention as I'm currently in the process of considering the same battery for my own solar project.

I'm currently considering a similar setup (the Eitai Lithium battery and the Growatt 5000 ES inverter), and I'm curious to know if the problem you initially faced, with the battery BMS behaving strangely and the inverter shutting down, has occurred again after implementing the solution you mentioned. Have you encountered any reoccurrence of the issue, or has the system been running smoothly with the applied settings?

Additionally, I was wondering if you could share your experience with the battery over the past year and a half. How has it performed in terms of reliability, especially regarding capacity retention and cycle life? Did you encouter the same issue you had with your setup or did the fix you mentioned continue to wok? Have you noticed any issues or challenges, and how has it handled different weather conditions?

I'm particularly interested in understanding how the battery management system (BMS) has worked for you and if it has effectively protected the battery. Additionally, any insights into the charging and discharging behavior in the context of your solar setup would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any recommendations or if there's anything you wish you had known before purchasing, I would love to hear about it. Your real-world experience would be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision. Your feedback on this would be immensely valuable as I plan my own setup.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insights, and I appreciate your time!

Best regards,
Aslan

Back