diy solar

diy solar

Need help to write back to the inverter

Dimu

This question is not directly linked to this forum. But I hope someone will be able to help me with this

I have an off-grid system with SRNE inverter. I have set up Home Assistant & get the inverter data to it through ESPhome via ESP32. There are some read / write modbus registry entries eg. inverter to grid switching voltage. I can read the value in the inverter easily as follows

- platform: modbus_controller
modbus_controller_id: srne1
name: "Inverter Switching Voltage"
id: srne_inverter_switching_voltage
register_type: holding
address: 0xE022
unit_of_measurement: "V"
accuracy_decimals: 2
device_class: Voltage
state_class: measurement

I want to edit this value directly through the Home Assistant interface without physically adjusting it through the inverter itself. This should be possible since this is a read / write modbus registry entry. I don't have any knowledge of coding for this.

Can someone please help me to make this work?

What SRNE Inverter do you have would be keen to know your setup as have the HF4850S80 5KW model using Solar Assistant been would also look at integrating it better with Home Assistant and also look at remote control options as not always on site.

Not sure if this is helpful, couple of comments.
The Holding Register address is 0xE022 which translates to 57378.
Normally Holding Registers are between 40001 and 49999 for 5 digit address schemes and 400001-465536 for 6 digit address schemes.
so this looks like the latter.
Interestingly the actual value held in the register is not given. Holding registers are 16bits (2 bytes) and as such can be either Big or Little Endian format.

Not sure if this is helpful, couple of comments.
The Holding Register address is 0xE022 which translates to 57378.
Normally Holding Registers are between 40001 and 49999 for 5 digit address schemes and 400001-465536 for 6 digit address schemes.
so this looks like the latter.
Interestingly the actual value held in the register is not given. Holding registers are 16bits (2 bytes) and as such can be either Big or Little Endian format.
Untitled.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back