diy solar

diy solar

Need help w Mobile mounting 10 450w panels

apic

1st just want to say THANK YOU for this forum and Will. Im a complete electric idiot and Will has saved me from spending alot unecessarily already.

Now, I need some advice on either buying or building a MOBILE solar panel array for 10 450w panels. I am building an emergency off grid 6kw system, probably going w the new eg4 6000xp all in one. As for my panel array, I do not want it roof mounted, instead, Id like to be able to store the panels in garage and roll out the array only in emergency situations to power the batteries.

Any and all ideas welcome. Wood or steel? 1 array or 2. If 2, can I connect both arrays to the eg4 6000xp? If so, how?

Also any recommendations on what I need for 110/120 ac plug adaptors for this system would be great. Im not tieing into AC panel and plan on just plugging in what I need when I need it.

Sorry if thats alot and thanks in advance.

10 X 450 watt panels will take up at least every bit of roof space on a 45' RV, so one or two trailers can be done based mostly on where you're going to store this.

Honestly though, going through this much effort might as well either make this grid tied or hook it through a critical loads panel in case of outage.
Also any recommendations on what I need for 110/120 ac plug adaptors for this system would be great. Im not tieing into AC panel and plan on just plugging in what I need when I need it.
This will likely be split phase service, so a 50 amp split phase plug will be more than enough and would be tied in to a wall recepltacle and connected to the panel the same way a portable generator is, a circuit breaker that can only be turned on when line power is shut off. Probably a critical loads panel and not a whole house system.

If you don't want to do the above, feeding the inverter to a circuit breaker box and then having each seperate line with a circuit breaker going go to a choice of plugs like a couple of 15 amp outlets, and perhaps a couple of 30 amp outlets all besed off what you want to plug in.

Back