diy solar

diy solar

Need to purchase 2 EG4 6000XP for Mexico

LC_MTY

Hi there i need to purchase EG4 6000XP, but it seems to be a major challenge because i live in Mexico!!, only growatt with local distributors and amazon there are several chinesse options specially PowMr, but i do not like them nor trust them. Any help how can i purchase and be sent to my home?? I have purchase several 12V 100Ah batteries as well as cables, T fuses and everything else needed for my system. I only need the inverter, but there are tons of options in amazon all chinesse and is like going back to the 90´s when pentium 1 and 2 where all over the market but the current version was Pentium 4.... Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi there i need to purchase EG4 6000XP, but it seems to be a major challenge because i live in Mexico!!, only growatt with local distributors and amazon there are several chinesse options specially PowMr, but i do not like them nor trust them. Any help how can i purchase and be sent to my home?? I have purchase several 12V 100Ah batteries as well as cables, T fuses and everything else needed for my system. I only need the inverter, but there are tons of options in amazon all chinesse and is like going back to the 90´s when pentium 1 and 2 where all over the market but the current version was Pentium 4.... Any help will be much appreciated.
Have you tried contacting SS and asking if they can manually process and ship to Mexico? Maybe make a drive to the border?

Have you tried contacting SS and asking if they can manually process and ship to Mexico? Maybe make a drive to the border?
Yes i have, but they said they only ship within US only, actually it was very difficult to get an answer from them. The main issue is not the shipping as it is the paperwork for exporting this kind of item. I have contacted several mexican customs agents, and they are thinking i want to import one of Elon´s latest spacecraft, they want to charge me for a new category, which obvoiously is not the case, since there are a lot of local distribuitors that offers Growatt, and amazon sells a lot of chinesse but most of them PowMr. And i do not like any of them. Is my believe that amazon is the one that can ship it and handle the paperwork as efficient as possible, but none of the US distribuitors wants to sell this thru Amazon. I know they charge huge commissions but i have told them that they can markup the price tag so at the end they will be receiving the same dollars as if they were selling to a US customer. But no luck so far.

I'm in Baja Sur and just had a battery brought down. There should be a shipper that picks up at the border somewhere and delivers to you. ACV Logistics in Baja. Not cheap but cheaper than driving up and back.

ok batteries i have purchased from China using Amazon, It takes weeks to arrive to Monterrey area, but with no problems and to an affordable cost. Unfortunatelly the problem is import export fees for this particular equipment, mexican customs do not know exactly what this inverter is and want to charge huge dollars for crossing it. Once in Mexico I can sent someone to pickit up. But again i figure it would be easier to purchase directly from amazon. By the way, a few months ago i purchased the Voltvert power inverter 5000 watt pure sine. It arrive in 2 weeks directly to my home and is working great. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

ok batteries i have purchased from China using Amazon, It takes weeks to arrive to Monterrey area, but with no problems and to an affordable cost. Unfortunatelly the problem is import export fees for this particular equipment, mexican customs do not know exactly what this inverter is and want to charge huge dollars for crossing it. Once in Mexico I can sent someone to pickit up. But again i figure it would be easier to purchase directly from amazon. By the way, a few months ago i purchased the Voltvert power inverter 5000 watt pure sine. It arrive in 2 weeks directly to my home and is working great. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
We have all the proper paper work to ship south America. You need UN 38.3 and Hazmat Material list MSD

I have a place in Mexico. AliExpress will deliver to Mexico. You can purchase a Deye inverter on that site and have that shipped to Mexico. Similar to Solar Ark, well pretty much the same thing minus a few extras to make both code in the USA and for an easy install in the USA. Deye inverters are common in the EU and reliable. Code in Mexico depends on the inspector, region and extra money left on the table.
Good thing about Mexico, no tarif on Chinese Solar Panels. You can pick them up way cheaper than in the USA. Plus labor is cheap. Dealing with CFE in Mexico, assuming you want a grid tie, not easy.

I have a place in Mexico. AliExpress will deliver to Mexico. You can purchase a Deye inverter on that site and have that shipped to Mexico. Similar to Solar Ark, well pretty much the same thing minus a few extras to make both code in the USA and for an easy install in the USA. Deye inverters are common in the EU and reliable. Code in Mexico depends on the inspector, region and extra money left on the table.
Good thing about Mexico, no tarif on Chinese Solar Panels. You can pick them up way cheaper than in the USA. Plus labor is cheap. Dealing with CFE in Mexico, assuming you want a grid tie, not easy.
yes i have purchased several items related to solar. Chargers, Fuses, Meters etc. And yes the solar panels are in good price here in mexico. I already installed the panels with PV combiners. I have 8000W ready to feed the inverter. And i installed it myself. But then again i want this specific model EG46000XP.

Tell them it is a battery charger.
Don't mention solar or lithium !!!
unfortunately is not that easy and the customs are not as stupid as they used to. They just google things and as soon as they see it has many features, then start to make things complicated and i am not in the mood to bribe any of them. That is why i want to use Amazon to purchase this

what is the current status?
I'm also looking at the EG 4 and the EG4 battery rack
I saw on the instruction video that at least 200 ah hours are required and this rack is an advantage for communication.
Here at Mercado Libre you pay over 2000 dollars more per rack, which is unacceptable.
According to SS, the EG4 6000 can be shipped to Mexico, but panels and batteries cannot

what is the current status?
I'm also looking at the EG 4 and the EG4 battery rack
I saw on the instruction video that at least 200 ah hours are required and this rack is an advantage for communication.
Here at Mercado Libre you pay over 2000 dollars more per rack, which is unacceptable.
According to SS, the EG4 6000 can be shipped to Mexico, but panels and batteries cannot
You can run open loop with non eg4 batteries.

Definitely 6000XP
You can still use the 3000 as an array input to your batteries. Just leave it turned off with the inverter and you can unhook that if you want
It'll still run solar power -> into batteries
So you can make more solar arrays if you want in different places on your yard..
With the 6000XP you can have 2 different ones and then the 3000 you can have a 3rd

Back