diy solar

diy solar

New Enphase system questions

Rereading the post, I realize you are referring to Encharges not micros but the question remains.
If you go to page 10 of this document, you'll see the sizing guide - basically, an Encharge3 can only support so many microinverters. I'm pretty sure it's the same problem/considerations for any AC coupling (ref).

If you go to page 10 of this document, you'll see the sizing guide - basically, an Encharge3 can only support so many microinverters. I'm pretty sure it's the same problem/considerations for any AC coupling (ref).
I have been taking some of the online training for the Enphase Storage systems and this the reason. With the release of the new Storage components announced in the last week, you will not be tied to these limitations as much. The system will shut down inverters that exceed the max input to the battery dynamically.

... With the release of the new Storage components announced in the last week, you will not be tied to these limitations as much. The system will shut down inverters that exceed the max input to the battery dynamically....
Nice!! Any links to those items??

You can go here and sign up.
However there are pre-requisite courses in order to get to the new stuff.

OP.. Any update on this project?

I have put this project on hold for now. I have also noticed that Enphase has removed the prices for the batteries??? I find this strange. I guess the sleasy installers did not like this.

I will keep you updated. still kinda waiting for the prices to crash which they will some day.

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

Also just a Note there is no PORT FORWARDING that is safe. Kinda like a camera system. Yes you can setup the easy way and let it port fwd what it needs and bam it works but you are setting yourself up for disaster. VPN is the only way to go.

With all this solar hoopla and all these system getting installed it's just a matter of time when you will read that someone has hacked it and got in to peoples home networks. It's gonna happen.

Look at ring cameras. They have issues and still have issues. They are very unsecure.

Can you not select a port (port forwarding) other than 8000 to complicate matters for hackers? And there is SMA which I have not used yet so not sure if it is applicable.

So we finally are getting the Enphase IQ Battery System. I guess that's what there calling it now.

So two Enphase IQ 10T Batteries and Two load Controllers. I opted for the extra load controllers to have control of more loads.

We were going to get just one battery and just do the sub panel but they are not charging anything extra to install the second on other than the cost of the battery. I was thinking of doing this myself but they can get permits and all faster than I can and they are only charging 3k to install and that includes all the extra stuff needed breaker, panels... etc. Opted to pay cash and getting a great deal...

:)

Last edited:
These new 10T batteries are thin. I like them. :)

Last edited:
Back