diy solar

diy solar

New guy,pls help recommend lifepo4 battery

Zero

Hello,need 16pcs 180ah/200ah cells to make an energy storage system, please help recommend, A grade cells, can be delivered to home.

Welcome to the forum.

This supplier:

Has a very favorable reputation on this forum primarily for 280Ah cells, which seem to be the sweet spot for value. I bought 9 for $969 DDP (customs feed included and delivered to my door) last month. Sea freight shipping is reasonable $, but it may take two months.

Welcome to the forum.

This supplier:

Has a very favorable reputation on this forum primarily for 280Ah cells, which seem to be the sweet spot for value. I bought 9 for $969 DDP (customs feed included and delivered to my door) last month. Sea freight shipping is reasonable $, but it may take two months.
Thanks for the reply, did you test them? Are they A grade?The price seems very cheap.

Not here yet, but I will be conducting Initial voltage, IR, as-received capacity and at 1X full cycle 3.65 to 2.5V 20A discharge on all 9 cells. These are supposed to be Eve brand cells.

MANY have purchased from this supplier with good outcomes.

Thanks for the reply, did you test them? Are they A grade?The price seems very cheap.
The price is very cheap, these cells (and now the 272Ah Lishen cells) are among the cheapest in terms of cost per kWh

Speaking generally, there is a very high probability that some or all are not A grade (this goes for other grey market sellers and cells as well).

That said, most people are mostly satisfied with them (and other grey market cells), some are not. Having realistic expectations will maximize your chances that you will be among those that are mostly satisfied.

There have been many cases, particularly recently, of 280Ah EVE cells from the grey market not meeting capacity. The range of capacity tests I've seen have been in the ballpark of 90-102% of rated capacity (with most in the range of 95-100%). Many people are okay settling for slightly lower than rated minimum capacity for the price, but cells that don't meet capacity are by definition not A grade. Also be aware grey market cells are rarely capacity matched or individually tested, and are only loosely matched for internal resistance. Again, most bargain hunters here accept this because the prices are low, and its not a huge deal for energy storage applications in most cases.

Be aware that most grey market sellers will virtually always state cells are Grade A when asked and state they are matched cells when asked, this causes much confusion because many people believe them and repeat these things without understanding that this is just a generic answer. Very few resellers ever acknowledge any of their stock is B grade, but they sell at B grade prices well below what the manufacturer charges (even wholesale) for Grade A cells. There is, in my opinion, a lot of misinformation on this forum these days regarding the grey market.

If you are okay with these uncertainties, the seller listed above is well liked. They sell the same cells as the other resellers for the most part, but this seller in particular has a good relationship with forum members and a track record going back almost a year now. Most people that have bought from them have reported that they felt well taken care of. Just be aware of the trade-offs (some mentioned here some not) for the price.

If your priority is verifiable A grade cells, the grey market is not a reliable option. But its worth considering what premium A grade cells are worth to you. If A grade cells are your priority, buying through official retail channels is your best bet. CALB, Frey, Winston, GBS, and maybe Sinopoly are a few of the brands that can be bought through authorized non-grey-market channels. Electriccarpartscompany.com is one such channel, they are an authorized distributor for CALB cells. There are others (CALB-USA has a list of trusted vendors you can google) and make cells in the 180-200Ah range. But, the cost will be higher (Due to being A grade, and manufacturer supported, and due to being US stock). Everyone has to make up their own mind on what the best value for them is and whether the extra cost is justified for their application (or peace of mind).

If you opt for the grey market route, the Lishen cells are currently what most of the resellers are pushing. Few people have received the Lishen cells so far, so there is not a ton of verified info out their on them yet. But many people should be receiving them in the next month or two, so we should start learning more about them. The popular variant is 272Ah, but they make a 202Ah cell as well which is more inline with the size you are looking for.

Not here yet, but I will be conducting Initial voltage, IR, as-received capacity and at 1X full cycle 3.65 to 2.5V 20A discharge on all 9 cells. These are supposed to be Eve brand cells.

MANY have purchased from this supplier with good outcomes.

Amy has been fantastic to work with. I am waiting on delivery of my first set of 16. I look forward to seeing your results.

As long as there are no communication errors, I should have fully logged charge and discharge curves. 20A on 280Ah cells isn't much, but it beats 10A. :)

Back