diy solar

diy solar

(NEW June 16-2023) RV/Marine ROLL OUT Solar Awnings 1000W+

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
Good Day everyone,

I read a few different sites and have been aware that this type of product has been in the works. There have been other variants on this theme but this is different, so I felt it appropriate to let RV & Marine Folks know about these. I could see other applications where such a product may serve Cabineers & Weekenders plus - use the creativity gene and see what pops up.

This artsy 1,000 W rollout solar awning can power your RV​

1687005851551.png
Article on these:

Company Website:

Hope it Helps, Good Luck.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wounder how durable they are (flexible panels don't have a good reliability reputation...)

I have been wanting this for a long time. Glad to see it's actually happening

25% off at $2999. Kind of what I expected.

That $3k price is the whole awning - frame, motor, etc. not just a replacement cover.

Still a wee bit of change…

Put one over the south facing Bay-window to cut off exess heat gain and collect some solar at the same time, roll it up for the winter to protect it?

I have read about some others that are working on similar solutions but nothing with 1000W. Also this company is using some of the latest tech which was discussed in PV Tech a short while ago. This type of solution if it works with a respectable lifecycle could be "Just the Ticket" for many people. Hopefully, we will see more like this soon. The worst part is, the Bad Knock Offs will also appear...

$3K USD now but I expect the prices will drop over time. Just like everything else, early adopter's pay a premium.

$3K USD now but I expect the prices will drop over time. Just like everything else, early adopter's pay a premium.
Well let us know when yours arrives Steve, and then give us a complete run down on how it performs...so we know what we can look forward to when the price drops. ;)

Renogy paired up with lippert to make new solar rollable awnings. I'd trust those a lot more

Forgot link

Back