diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luxpower software seems correct to me, but Solar Assistance software seems incorrect on reporting the load. Any ideas what I did wrong in setting up Solar Assistance? The gauges also seem wrong to me. PV production should only be showing about 40% on the gauge not 100%, my full capacity is 24KW and only producing 9.7KW.
1689344145833.png
1689344183756.png

Last edited:
I bought Solar Assistant Orange pi from Watts 247, so I have emailed them after your suggestion. If they are unable to help, I have requested that they provide me the email address for local support from Solar Assistant.

The CT's were my first thought too. I thought maybe the contractor enable software reverse of the CT's that works for Luxpower, but not for Solar Assistant. The CT's reversed function is disable, so that shouldn't be the answer. Luxpower told the contractor that he only needed to install one set of CT's, since the hybrid inverters are connected in parallel.
1689347439172.png

Last edited:
Luxpower software seems correct to me, but Solar Assistance software seems incorrect on reporting the load. Any ideas what I did wrong in setting up Solar Assistance? The gauges also seem wrong to me. PV production should only be showing about 40% on the gauge not 100%, my full capacity is 24KW and only producing 9.7KW.
View attachment 157422
View attachment 157424
There are settings in solar assistant to adjust your array size and battery bank size. Iirc you have to disconnect the inverter (in solar assistant) to change the settings.
I'll look when I get home today if you can't find them.

My response from Watts247:

Solar assistant info@solar-assistant.io they are ready to solve these types of issiues directly, they will need the registered email address with the unit.

Let me know if they are not helpful, then I will escalate to the chief engineer.

Ian

There are settings in solar assistant to adjust your array size and battery bank size. Iirc you have to disconnect the inverter (in solar assistant) to change the settings.
I'll look when I get home today if you can't find them.
Under batteries is advance and I clicked on it. The gauges are not based on the information shown below.

1689367153090.png

Last edited:
Under batteries is advance and I clicked on it. The gauges are not based on the information shown below.

1689367153090.png
I attached what I see. You're photo didn't attach properly.
I adjusted the values and it does scale the gauges.

Edit - I'm running version 2022-10-30 so I'm a little outdated...

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_182315__01.jpg
    IMG_20230714_182315__01.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230714_182414__01.jpg
    IMG_20230714_182414__01.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I attached what I see. You're photo didn't attach properly.
I adjusted the values and it does scale the gauges.

Edit - I'm running version 2022-10-30 so I'm a little outdated...
Correct,
When I expanded my PV array, I adjusted the values in "Advanced Settings" and it re-scales the display to match.
To do this:
you need to disconnect in settings,
go to advanced settings, change the parameters
go back to settings, and click "Connect" - SA wil ponder this for a few minutes and then recalculate and display the new ranges.

Correct,
When I expanded my PV array, I adjusted the values in "Advanced Settings" and it re-scales the display to match.
To do this:
you need to disconnect in settings,
go to advanced settings, change the parameters
go back to settings, and click "Connect" - SA wil ponder this for a few minutes and then recalculate and display the new ranges.
My Solar Assistant software is version: 2023-02-28
Device board: Orange Pi 3 LTS

When I received Solar Assistant Orange Pi from Watts247, Luxpower was not supported in the installed software. I needed to do an update to the latest version and then Luxpower was supported.

I don't see "Advanced Settings" on the configuration menu under the gear symbol. I see "Advanced" under Battery that shows the set values for Dashboard gauges, which it is not using. I see "Settings" under Inverter. I see "Advanced" under MQTT Broker. I see "Shutdown" and "Reboot" under System. Under the lightning bolt or flash symbol, there is absolutely nothing under that menu.

I went through the shutdown procedure afterwards I unplugged solar assistant for 30 seconds. When I reconnected the power, the led lights started working again on solar assistance. Software still looks the same to me.

Last edited:
Try this url from within your network, sub in your IP
This takes me to the Dashboard Display values, which the Dashboard is not using. The values listed for Dashboard Display are fine.
1689391130248.png
I assume "Disconnect on configuration page" means "Shutdown". I went through the shutdown procedure and even unplugged it for 30 seconds, but no change.

This takes me to the Dashboard Display values, which the Dashboard is not using. The values listed for Dashboard Display are fine.
View attachment 157531
I assume "Disconnect on configuration page" means "Shutdown". I went through the shutdown procedure and even unplugged it for 30 seconds, but no change.
Disconnect just means Disconnect. It's right beside the advanced button.

My Solar Assistant software is version: 2023-02-28
Device board: Orange Pi 3 LTS

When I received Solar Assistant Orange Pi from Watts247, Luxpower was not supported in the installed software. I needed to do an update to the latest version and then Luxpower was supported.

I don't see "Advanced Settings" on the configuration menu under the gear symbol. I see "Advanced" under Battery that shows the set values for Dashboard gauges, which it is not using. I see "Settings" under Inverter. I see "Advanced" under MQTT Broker. I see "Shutdown" and "Reboot" under System. Under the lightning bolt or flash symbol, there is absolutely nothing under that menu.

I went through the shutdown procedure afterwards I unplugged solar assistant for 30 seconds. When I reconnected the power, the led lights started working again on solar assistance. Software still looks the same to me.
Let's start again:
From the main menu, you will click the Configure (gear) icon in the top menu bar. This is the button farthest to the right.
In Configure, you will go to the Disconnect button (as Tim shows in his post) you will click on the Disconnect here.
Once you click Disconnect, the button changes to "Connect", do not click this until after the changes you want are done.
Now you click "Advanced" (right beside the Disconnect button)
This takes you to a new page in Solar Assistant, where you can change your settings as you like, but Solar Assistan does not save these changes until you return to the Configure page, and click "Connect".
Once you click Connect, Solar Assistant will work on the new settings - takes a few minutes +/- then it will recalculate the display and show this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy solar

diy solar
Back