diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone using modbus in place of the CT clamps for energy metering?

Also, is there a reliable 3.3 or 5V source inside the panel with enough current to power a few microcontrollers?

If I upset you, I apologize.

I did a Google searched LV/SP/EG6548 and there were no results and only received one page of ads. As I said, I have done extensive searches trying to find whole house solutions with a 200A bypass as the Sol-Ark 15K or the GSL-12K. I know new hybrid inverters will constantly be coming to the market, so I was very interest in another choice or your find. The expression "same as what" was a serious comment, I don't know what brand and model number your post is referring.

Last edited:
I had the same problem (charging did not appear to stop), but I do not believe GSL support understood my concern. Anyway, in my case, I set the 'charge last' flag in addition to the PV charge priority time period (sorry, not near my inverter for the exact wording). Seems to work OK - I now have to tell my inverter when it is OK to charge.
Also, be careful when changing any settings while in between a start/end time. When my batteries did not stop charging, I remember also changing one of the limits and nothing else. It is completely possible just by saving the new value, the inverter "forgot" it is in the middle of a schedule. I have not tried to re-test this theory.
I set the LastCharge flag now. But it didn't turn on AC charging during the set intervals. Will wait until the sun comes up tomorrow to test PV charging.

BTW, thanks for you guys' helps. w/o your helps, it would take me forever to figured all these mysteries out.

The copy and paste is from Nick Pan and it appears that the AC couple is not working yet either:

Yes, we will try to upgrade the inverter to connect 3 units in parallel this week. AC couple function takes time, but we can upgrade it online when you receive it.

Last edited:
If I upset you, I apologize.

I did a Google searched LV/SP/EG6548 and there were no results and only received one page of ads. As I said, I have done extensive searches trying to find whole house solutions with a 200A bypass as the Sol-Ark 15K or the GSL-12K. I know new hybrid inverters will constantly be coming to the market, so I was very interest in another choice or your find. The expression same as what was a serious comment, I don't know what brand and model number your post is referring.
the LV6548 is a MPP inverter:

I feel better knowing that the issues so far are limited to only paralleling inverters, generator connection, AC coupling, BMS, and accurate readings.;)
I'd add excessive idle consumption to the list, although for everyone's sake I hope the reported numbers improve with updates or usage.

I feel better knowing that the issues so far are limited to only paralleling inverters, generator connection, AC coupling, BMS, and accurate readings.;) (and idle consumption)
We have to remember that this inverter still hasn't been officially released. It doesn't even have their name or colors on it yet. I am not trying to defend GSL or the inverter, I am trying to remind everyone here that they said that the inverter supply would be ramping up by November. I guess that they were expecting to be done by November with all of the firmware features, but as usual with almost all software they encountered unanticipated problems in addition to the anticipated problems. They will need time to get through these things, and according to their only estimate so far, they still have at least two more weeks. They probably won't make that date for every problem, and may not make that date for any problem, but that is when we can start saying legitimately, "Hey you sold me something that doesn't work". I appreciate all of the early adopters here. You are essential/unfortunately providing beta testing for the inverter and GSL and all of the rest of us, and in the process you are identifying all of the most critical issues that need addressing. Thanks for being part of the engineering team. :geek: I'm rooting for them because if they can polish this up the way it needs to be, it becomes an alternative to what is out there. I am most concerned about hardware problems. If those exist and are exposed, then we will know it is a dud. So far I think everything that has been reported has been a configuration problem or a firmware problem. If I am wrong let's get them out front. Idle power consumption might be the first one on the list.

Did they do it for you automatically, or did you have to do it yourself?
I contacted the dealer I bought my inverter from, who gave me the feedback about the firmware update regarding parallel setup.
He was in contact with LP and he asked for firmware update to be sent to my unit.
Nothing like upgrade of the MR with the USB-C cable and a laptop ;-)

I contacted the dealer I bought my inverter from, who gave me the feedback about the firmware update regarding parallel setup.
He was in contact with LP and he asked for firmware update to be sent to my unit.
Nothing like upgrade of the MR with the USB-C cable and a laptop ;-)
The firmware was automatically updated by the factory? You didn't need to upgrade the firmware yourself using your laptop or your phone?

y, "Hey you sold me something that doesn't work". I appreciate all of the early adopters here. You are essential/unfortunately providing beta testing for the inverter and GSL and all of the rest of us, and in the process you are identifying all of the most critical issues that need addressing. Thanks for being part of the engineering team. :geek:
Unfortunately, I really need an inverter that works safely. I'll have to return this inverter to LinioTech.

Unfortunately, I really need an inverter that works safely. I'll have to return this inverter to LinioTech.
Sorry, it didn't work for you. When you make a decision on a replacement hybrid inverter, we would be interested in knowing your choice. Whole house backup and passthrough current are all new features, just now becoming available from vendors. These are new designs and there will be growing pains. However, not working safely is definitely not an acceptable risk.

The solar field has a bit of a wild west feel to it, that definitely reminds me of IT back in the 80's and early 90's. Demand for turn key commodity level products in a technically complicated field full of quickly thrown together solutions at both the hardware and software levels. A lack of maturity in the industry was everywhere outside of the big iron, and even they stumbled.

I'm seeing it now in solar, slowly moving from a niche to mainstream commodity. It doesn't seem to matter the manufacturer, they're all having their growing pains. I don't want to sound like I'm defending GSL/Lux/Linio because I don't know any of them, but I can say that I'm impressed with the repeated reports of service quality from GSL. That's the kind of thing that would get me to buy products from them, despite early bugs being reported. It's also the kind of thing that would set them apart. How many times have you heard of bad customer support, or terrible customer support? Consistent good support would be very refreshing.

Which is a lot for a product that is being sold/installed imo.
Yeah wondering how much value that UL paper has to the insurance company if one of these not quite ready for prime time inverters bursts into flames.... I really was ready to send the 3k over for one of these but I think a sit and wait, watch, and learn policy is best at this point... Im cool with one or two glitches but we are quickly approaching ten or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back