diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its 1:1 ratio of buying and selling… in that case battery storage is not necessary… in that case
2 battery is enough for backup for both GSL inverter.
Have you been able to test the surge ratings for your unit with the specs mentioned on the first post of this thread: surge: 14k 10 mins, 16k 5 mins ?

Have you been able to test the surge ratings for your unit with the specs mentioned on the first post of this thread: surge: 14k 10 mins, 16k 5 mins ?
12k was the highest I pushed my inverter for about 15-30 mins, and 10k for 3 hours… I don’t have enough load to go that high.. every night I charge my Tesla at 4k for 4 1/2 hours with no issues.

Hello,

Has anyone gotten Time of Use (Battery Charging from AC Grid at night) to work on these inverters?

I have put the setting to charge at night from Grid but doesn't seem to do anything at all.Thanks

Hello,

Has anyone gotten Time of Use (Battery Charging from AC Grid at night) to work on these inverters?

I have put the setting to charge at night from Grid but doesn't seem to do anything at all.Thanks
Mine works fine charging from the grid. Make sure the time doesn’t overlap to any other that have time setting like grid peak shaving, charge first, ac charge and ect

I've been emailed back and forth with Jim and Susan from GSL to get a quote, shipping, and purchasing info etc. For some reason it has been like pulling teeth. Now they finally tell me they won't sell just the inverter without a battery system to go along with it. I also tried Alibaba but the never get a straight response for some reason. What are the other options?

I've been emailed back and forth with Jim and Susan from GSL to get a quote, shipping, and purchasing info etc. For some reason it has been like pulling teeth. Now they finally tell me they won't sell just the inverter without a battery system to go along with it. I also tried Alibaba but the never get a straight response for some reason. What are the other options?
Well, that sucks. I already have all the battery power I need why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

I have some discouraging news about Alibaba, related to this inverter. I decided to pursue sending the inverter back to GSL because it has just been one irritating issue after another and I don't feel comfortable going off and leaving the system running when I go away on vacations. I do think the inverter itself is great, but I think the firmware and software are a ways from being ready for prime time. And, I didn't buy an advertised "as beta" product.
All that being said, I did reach out to GSL to ask to return the inverter. They never responded. They ghosted me. So, after 10 days, I went to Alibaba and filed to have it returned (I was within the return window). The process was working great until I actually shipped the inverter back. I was to have had my money back in 3 days after that, via Paypal (my payment method). I have not heard anything from Alibaba since the day the inverter was received by GSL (Jan 17). There is no method to escalate or to contact the people working on my case. I've contacted their Cus Serv people and they promise a resolution/contact in 24 hours, but I have not been contacted since they closed the case on Jan 17.
I am going through Paypal to get my money back. And, the documentatiion that I sent to them (most importantly that GSL actually has received my inverter and pictures of the inverter on the day we packed it up along with Wendy's (GSL) communication with me on Jan 5 that Jim had agreed to let me return the inverter, was evidently good enough to get Paypal alarmed as they contacted GSL the first day I filed with Paypal. Normally it takes them a week or so to contact the merchant. I am sure I will get my money back, as well as the shipping fees and taxes. But, I am incredibly disappointed in Alibaba's Buyer Assurance. It has failed, miserably.

Does anyone have this inverter grid tied with all 200amps pass-through?
I had it grid tied with 200amp pass through. The 200amp pass through works well. My problem is intermittently it would start feeding back to the grid, even though the settings said to NOT feed back. Didn't do it all the time. No rhyme or reason why or when it would do so.. A couple times it did it when my batteries were around 30SOC. According to settings, it should have only been charging at that point. Definitely not selling back.

I had it grid tied with 200amp pass through. The 200amp pass through works well. My problem is intermittently it would start feeding back to the grid, even though the settings said to NOT feed back. Didn't do it all the time. No rhyme or reason why or when it would do so.. A couple times it did it when my batteries were around 30SOC. According to settings, it should have only been charging at that point. Definitely not selling back.
That's unfortunate that yours would back feed and settings were set not to. I was planning to connect mine similar to yours and not back feed but after seeing your issues i have decided to get a net metering agreement with my power company so i don't have to worry about that, it will work out better for me to do that anyway but I always hate getting inspectors involved.

Good news about GSL. The California Energy Commission added GSL ENERGY to its list for its GSL051280A-B-GBP2 Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (GSL Powerwall Battery) and GSL-H-12KLV-US smart solar hybrid inverters.

I received notification this morning that both my hybrid inverters and battery are approved by the California Energy Commission. It is possible that other GSL batteries were also approved, but GSL only notified me about the items that I bought. I will probably take GRV0423 advice and go ahead and buy the second battery now.
1675175126011.png

Last edited:
Good news about GSL. The California Energy Commission added GSL ENERGY to its list for its GSL051280A-B-GBP2 Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (GSL Powerwall Battery) and GSL-H-12KLV-US smart solar hybrid inverters.

I received notification this morning that both my hybrid inverters and battery are approved by the California Energy Commission. It is possible that other GSL batteries were also approved, but GSL only notified me about the items that I bought. I will probably take GRV0423 advice and go ahead and buy the second battery now.
View attachment 132448
Is that a 5kwh battery?
How much are they?
how much for shipping?
TIA

This GSL battery is 51V 14KWh 280AH and my cost before Chinese New Year was $3860 plus $420 shipping. Your actual cost could be little more or little less, but still a good estimate.
The following link have detail information about the battery specifications:
Scroll down the page and you will see the exploded view of the battery construction with BMS, copper bars, 200A DC breaker, touch screen, etc. It also has the battery specifications and data sheet.

Last edited:
I have some discouraging news about Alibaba, related to this inverter. I decided to pursue sending the inverter back to GSL because it has just been one irritating issue after another and I don't feel comfortable going off and leaving the system running when I go away on vacations. I do think the inverter itself is great, but I think the firmware and software are a ways from being ready for prime time. And, I didn't buy an advertised "as beta" product.
All that being said, I did reach out to GSL to ask to return the inverter. They never responded. They ghosted me. So, after 10 days, I went to Alibaba and filed to have it returned (I was within the return window). The process was working great until I actually shipped the inverter back. I was to have had my money back in 3 days after that, via Paypal (my payment method). I have not heard anything from Alibaba since the day the inverter was received by GSL (Jan 17). There is no method to escalate or to contact the people working on my case. I've contacted their Cus Serv people and they promise a resolution/contact in 24 hours, but I have not been contacted since they closed the case on Jan 17.
I am going through Paypal to get my money back. And, the documentatiion that I sent to them (most importantly that GSL actually has received my inverter and pictures of the inverter on the day we packed it up along with Wendy's (GSL) communication with me on Jan 5 that Jim had agreed to let me return the inverter, was evidently good enough to get Paypal alarmed as they contacted GSL the first day I filed with Paypal. Normally it takes them a week or so to contact the merchant. I am sure I will get my money back, as well as the shipping fees and taxes. But, I am incredibly disappointed in Alibaba's Buyer Assurance. It has failed, miserably.
What courier did you use to send back? seems like it would be expensive. Might have been better of selling it at a mild discount here in the states

my system been running since October with ac couple on the EPS LOAD. With the new firmware the ac couple on Gen port only works when not connected to the grid.
Today, I asked Nick Pan about parallel and AC couple software update. His reply was that the new software update will parallel my GSL inverters and AC couple my GT inverters. I asked him, which port GEN or EPS to AC couple the GT inverters. His answer was GEN. I told him that a DIY member tested the software update and that when AC couple to the GEN port only works off grid. Most of my production goes to the grid and is used at night.

I will need to wait until later tonight for his next response.

I'm grid-tied, and aside from some extremely non-intuitive settings I've had to discover, no problems to report.

Main use cases (all successful):
  • Charge batteries from PV first, but only before 4PM (peak period starts). When batteries are full, send excess back to grid.
  • Zero export between 4-9PM
  • 100% usage from grid at night. Do not touch the battery, except for backup power via EPS port.
  • Backup power for critical circuits if the grid goes out. Related side note - anyone know what the "seamless switch" option does?
A few odd settings were made to do this:
  • "Charge first" to set PV priority from midnight - 4PM, and 9PM to midnight. Why also at night? Because otherwise, the system defaults to self-consumption, which will randomly pull from battery to cover load. I do not want the battery to discharge to grid at all prior to 4PM, or after 9PM.
  • Peak shaving enabled from 4-9PM, set at 0.1kW. This is to allow battery to cover excess load beyond 100W to the grid.
I have not experienced any unintended grid-sell from battery with this configuration. I can't speak for PV, since I want my excess to go back to grid.

In regards to CT, I am likely the only person on here using RS485 (modbus RTU) for metering, with no clamps directly connected to the inverter. This allows for additional tuning and programmability I won't get into here, but it's possible this is saving me from some of the CT related headaches mentioned in the thread.
What meter did you use on this?

What meter did you use on this?
Custom hardware/software, not something that can be bought off the shelf as a complete unit. It is ESP32 based with CT clamps connected via ADC over SPI, sending simulated meter info to the GSL inverter over RS485. I am emulating the Eastron SDM630 meter, as this appears to be the only one supported at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back