diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me where the external rapid shutdown input is the the 12k board....cant find it in the manual....

Also.... I read in the manual the pv inputs 1/2 max 25Amps, inpits 3/4 15Amps max. In another place i read 40Amps and 20Amps.. Which is correct?
Breakers for 1/2 =16amps, 3/4 27Amp..?

Thanks
Hi, @Sticky1 The attached file might look too complicated to you. So I've also posted a picture for you to easily connect an external RSD switch, you can find the red wire, and cut that one (so you got 2 wire heads) to connect an external mushroom switch. Let us know if any more questions there. thx

19e049dbb4c0808d1117bf5027da1b9.jpg

Attachments

• Integrations of RSD related instructions (LXP US 12K).pdf
    980.7 KB · Views: 16
One nice thing about the Solar Assistant software is that it provides a second opinion.

When Luxpower software indicates that my inverters are not working, which happens frequently. I use to panic and go outside and check both inverters.

Now I can simply check Solar Assistant instead and know that everything is still working, including both inverters and all the solar panels. Usually in a few minutes, I can recheck Solar Assistant and it is also showing that everything is working.

Yes solar assistant is great with these luxpower inverters because it monitors them right over your local network. I have noticed the remote website for these units shows offline occasionally.

One nice thing about the Solar Assistant software is that it provides a second opinion.

When Luxpower software indicates that my inverters are not working, which happens frequently. I use to panic and go outside and check both inverters.

Now I can simply check Solar Assistant instead and know that everything is still working, including both inverters and all the solar panels. Usually in a few minutes, I can recheck Solar Assistant and it is also showing that everything is working.
I read a lot about Solar asistance monitor software, how diffucult is it to set it up and what is the cost involved? I like to see if I have better monitor for my Growatt inverters and in a later date jump over to Luxpower or EG4 inverter

I was not expecting to see this message from Solar Assistance when I checked my system status:
1691000830467.png
I don't think Solar Assistance Orange has the Bluetooth feature. Strange message considering that Solar Assistant is supposed to work without the internet. Both Solar Assistance and the Luxpower inverters are connected to my designated router for solar only with internet. Luxpower software and the two inverters are online and working without an issue. I have no idea why Solar Assistant is offline. No Bluetooth, so my only fix is to reboot Solar Assistant and if that don't work email Solar Assistant support.

According to the above message, if I have reason to disconnect my solar router from the internet or the internet is offline for some reason, then neither Luxpower Software or Solar Assistant software is going to work. Defeats the purpose of buying Solar Assistant.

I was not expecting to see this message from Solar Assistance when I checked my system status:
View attachment 160732
I don't think Solar Assistance Orange has the Bluetooth feature. Strange message considering that Solar Assistant is supposed to work without the internet. Both Solar Assistance and the Luxpower inverters are connected to my designated router for solar only with internet. Luxpower software and the two inverters are online and working without an issue. I have no idea why Solar Assistant is offline. No Bluetooth, so my only fix is to reboot Solar Assistant and if that don't work email Solar Assistant support.

According to the above message, if I have reason to disconnect my solar router from the internet or the internet is offline for some reason, then neither Luxpower Software or Solar Assistant software is going to work. Defeats the purpose of buying Solar Assistant.
What URL are you using to access SA? If it is the 'public' one, obviously it will not have any data to relay if the internet is disconnected for whatever reason. Have you tried accessing it via internal IP?

What URL are you using to access SA? If it is the 'public' one, obviously it will not have any data to relay if the internet is disconnected for whatever reason. Have you tried accessing it via internal IP?
I have high speed internet from both my phone carrier and my cable provider. I use one for business and the other for my smart home/cameras. I also setup a separate router for solar only that I can disconnect from the Internet without disconnecting anything else. The only IP addresses on this router are the 2 inverters and Solar Assistant.

Duane from support reply to my support question and told me how to access Solar Assistant directly from the separate router when not connected to the Internet. I disconnected the Internet and Luxpower Software was unable to access the inverters. Solar Assistant was still able to access the inverters using the WiFi from the router for solar. It's works.

Information from Duane email:
Solar Assistant does work offline, however you need to be connected to the same network the whole time while doing so. You can follow this guide:https://solar-assistant.io/help/access/overview. You will follow the local network access guide, by finding the I.P address of the device and then typing it into your web browser.

The DIY members were right to recommend Solar Assistant. It does exactly what I had hoped.

I have high speed internet from both my phone carrier and my cable provider. I use one for business and the other for my smart home/cameras. I also setup a separate router for solar only that I can disconnect from the Internet without disconnecting anything else. The only IP addresses on this router are the 2 inverters and Solar Assistant.

Duane from support reply to my support question and told me how to access Solar Assistant directly from the separate router when not connected to the Internet. I disconnected the Internet and Luxpower Software was unable to access the inverters. Solar Assistant was still able to access the inverters using the WiFi from the router for solar. It's works.

Information from Duane email:
Solar Assistant does work offline, however you need to be connected to the same network the whole time while doing so. You can follow this guide:https://solar-assistant.io/help/access/overview. You will follow the local network access guide, by finding the I.P address of the device and then typing it into your web browser.

The DIY members were right to recommend Solar Assistant. It does exactly what I had hoped.
Multiple routers can be quite limiting, but if it works for you, great!

A better way to prevent the inverters, SA (or anything on the wireless network for that matter) from accessing the internet would be:
  • Set up an additional SSID for SA and your inverters
  • Configure new SSID to operate on a new VLAN
  • Configure VLAN routing/firewall rules to disallow egress access (to the Internet, or any other part of your network)
  • Allow access from your normal 'computer' network to SA
This is indeed a bit more complicated to set up, and requires support from your router. However, this provides the convenience benefit of not having to switch networks just to see what is going on (always connected! important for home automation), and concept extends to other devices within the home (printers, cameras, thermostats, personal vs work, etc).

Just something to consider in the future, if you haven't already.

Multiple routers can be quite limiting, but if it works for you, great!

For my business, I don't feel comfortable relying on one internet provider. In Panama we have a lot of outages and Murphy's Law tells me that when I have a project due in the USA with a critical deadline that is exactly when an Internet outage will occur. I need Internet to upload construction drawings. My office computer has access to both providers and to the router for solar only. The router for solar only has a different SSID to operate as a new VLAN.

"Multiple routers can be quite limiting" not when every wall in the house is a concrete block wall and every window and door has a motorized steel shutter. On the cable provider I need 7 routers with 4 inside the house and 3 outside the house to have adequate signal strength for all the smart devices and cameras. On the phone provider I have 3 routers to provide adequate signal to all areas with computers. Both providers' modems have direct cables running to each router. The router for solar has a cable that can be connected to either provider or no provider.

I setup the Sonoff device and connected it to the generator control circuit When the battery SOC drops to 80%, the generator control circuit closes and activates the Sonoff device. The Sonoff device switches on the receptacle outlets and a 24/7 Nite Lite turns from beige (off) to blue (on) indicating the power is 80% or less. The Sonoff device can also trigger announcements that we are on battery power.

The other device is a Yolink power failure alarm that is connected to another outlet that is wired ahead of the inverter. The Yolink has a green LED to indicate that there is power at the street and 4 red LED flashing with a siren alarm to indicate when there is no power at the street. The alarm can be set for 10 seconds to continuously with many choices in between. I have it set at 10 seconds and repeat every 30 minutes to remind me that the power is still off. There is also a 24/7 Nite Lite that is blue continuously unless no power and then turns beige (off). The Yolink device can also trigger announcements that there is a power outage.

Both the devices are wall mounted next to my desk. It has been installed for a couple of weeks. Lots of short power outages, so the Yolink is well tested. So far there has only been one power outage long enough for the batteries SOC to drop to 80%. The Sonoff device did turn on and the Nite Lite turned from beige (off) to blue (on) to let me know that we need to conserve power.

At least now, I know when we lose power or when the batteries SOC drops to 80%. If solar production > consumption during a power outage, there is no reason to conserve solar power. Use it or lose it.
1691862918782.png

Last edited:
Great news to share here about Tigo RSD. Luxpower inverters have just successfully connected to the Tigo Smart RSD monitoring platform! This means that if users connect LXP series (Incl. EG4 18kPv) inverters with Tigo RSD and use Tigo EI services, Luxpower's monitoring system can monitor the power output of each individual PV module.1692692528239.png

We've seen Luxpower 8-12kW posts for SPI 2023 show, did you get any result if Luxpower can sell 12kW let alone 8-10kW from Chinese court after you were sued by Huayu? How about their final judgement to Luxpower? Will Luxpower's existing customers(like EG4, Fortress, Sun Beat and Getsol etc.) face any risks in case Luxpower loses?
@Will Prowse an we get rid of this troll. Appears this account was created to just harass.

Does anyone have the "customer code" for GSL that I am supposed to put in the app to connect to the wifi dongle? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back