diy solar

diy solar

New LV6548V 500v, reliability, standby consumption?

sun_of_a...

Hi I'm thinking of getting several of these for use as single units individually as well as paralleled for a large array, as well as some kept as spares. At one point this was Will Prowse's favorite AIO from MPP Solar. Still I wonder?

Any comments on reliability, idle power consumption, or other issues are greatly appreciated.

Anything in this price range better for the money? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I run 4 of the older LV6548's. Going on 3 years now with zero issues. Off grid system
Thank you scoharri. That's great to know. 4 in parallel? Are those the 250v mppt input? I saw mentioned in other posts in the "solar vendor corner" section that the newer 390v and 500v are not as reliable as the older 250v. Also increased standby power draw. I have not done my homework on these at all.

Thank you scoharri. That's great to know. 4 in parallel? Are those the 250v mppt input? I saw mentioned in other posts in the "solar vendor corner" section that the newer 390v and 500v are not as reliable as the older 250v. Also increased standby power draw. I have not done my homework on these at all.
2 inverters in each phase. 1 pair is P1, the other pair is P2. Yes, 250v input.

Back